Need help understanding your bill?
julie492's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 9:18 PM

ATT BOGO offer with new line question

I have five phones on my account, A B C D & E.  Mine(A) and Hubby(B) are not under contract and available for upgrade.  If I add a new line to my account, can I use it for hubby and cancel his B phone? He doesn't mind having a new number.  And I will use one to upgrade my phone A.  If that makes any sense.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@julie492 wrote:

I have five phones on my account, A B C D & E.  Mine(A) and Hubby(B) are not under contract and available for upgrade.  If I add a new line to my account, can I use it for hubby and cancel his B phone? He doesn't mind having a new number.  And I will use one to upgrade my phone A.  If that makes any sense.

Yes, that's possible. Be careful to read all of the requirements of the BOGO promotion. For the past couple of years, they almost all have required TV service and some required porting in a number rather than creating a new one. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Okay, we upgraded last friday...gave the husband a new line added and new number.  I need to cancel his old line.  There was no requirement of signing up with direct now she said.  So I hope thats true.  Because a LOT of folks in this town have used the promotion. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@julie492 There is no tv requirement currently, just the new line requirement. It will probably stay that way through the holiday season. You are safe. You will need to call to cancel the line.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@julie492

Did you read the promotion last week?   The promotion mat not have required tv, but salespeople are known to be inaccurate.  This is why @MicCheck said “read the requirements “ and not ‘ask an ATT rep/salesperson’.   

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I called to cancel the old number and the rep offered me an iphone 7 for 99cents + tax to keep the line with a 2yr contract. tempting, but we just don't need the line.  I'd add my mother to our account because she's been wanting a smartphone for years, but she's 76 and has always owned a flip phone.  She can never remember to turn up the volume on her phone with the buttons on the side.  How the heck am I supposed to hand her a smartphone? It would be daily questions and I forgot how to's neverending.  I'd love for her to learn, but I just know I'd be creating a nightmare with her and my dad.  Is that wrong?  Has anyone had to teach their older parents how to use smartphones but created a nightmare for themselves? lol

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@julie492 wrote:

I called to cancel the old number and the rep offered me an iphone 7 for 99cents + tax to keep the line with a 2yr contract. tempting, but we just don't need the line.  I'd add my mother to our account because she's been wanting a smartphone for years, but she's 76 and has always owned a flip phone.  She can never remember to turn up the volume on her phone with the buttons on the side.  How the heck am I supposed to hand her a smartphone? It would be daily questions and I forgot how to's neverending.  I'd love for her to learn, but I just know I'd be creating a nightmare with her and my dad.  Is that wrong?  Has anyone had to teach their older parents how to use smartphones but created a nightmare for themselves? lol

My grandma is the same. My uncle has told her she will never get anything more complicated than a flip phone. She barely uses that as is. 

Does she have any interest in a smart phone? If not, there's no point in trying to force one on her, no matter her age. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

She is always interested in ours, when we're looking at photos and texting..but when I try to show her on my phone how to use it, she pokes it so hard I swear my screen will crack. LOL  So definitely a no.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Maybe a fire tablet?  They’re on sale and she can indulge curiosity without risking much $

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.