Need help understanding your bill?
custsince2008's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, July 21st, 2017 4:47 AM

AT&T not honoring iPhone 7 BOGO offer?

Upgraded to iPhone 7 and added a new line with a second iPhone 7 in the BOGO offer last Feb. 2017.  AT&T has been charging for both phones since then, 5 billing cycles over.  No sign of credit for the second iPhone 7, although everything was done as per the terms at the time purchase and no delay in the billing payments.  And every AT&T rep who has looked into my account agrees I qualify for the BOGO offer and they can't figure out why I am not receiving the credit.  2 urgent cases created.  No response or resolution despite multiple calls.  AT&T customer service is at its worst.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

It may depend on when in February you purchased, and if you have TV service with ATT also.

This one ended 2/23.  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1123428

This one began 2/24.  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1182052

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Bought on 2/26. Yup, exactly as per the terms stated in the second link. Too many AT&T rep have spent time looking into my account and can't find any reason for not getting the credit. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@custsince2008 Which Next payment plans did you buy each of the phones on?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T Next Every Year, both phones, same model, same plan...
Again, as per the terms...
Offer 
The following smartphones are eligible for buy one get one free, when you buy both on AT&T Next® or AT&T Next Every Year℠ with qualifying service (min. $70/mo). Requires a new line. Get one phone free after credits applied over 24 or 30 months, with credits to start in two to three bill cycles. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@custsince2008 

Sorry, but 9 out of 10 people who say "I met all the terms" did not.

Even the ones that have a rep tell them they did meet all the terms and qualify did not. So there are questions.

Usually it's a matter of figuring out what the problem is. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. Appreciate your efforts. I hope AT&T will tell me what the problem is, which they haven't for the last 3 months despite numerous phone calls. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There is one other path you can try. Contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message. They are often able to resolve issues the phone customer reps can't. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@custsince2008

Give Mobility Care a chance.  They are not speedy.  If you don't get progress within a month, then file a BBB complaint.  

Most of the time the error is on the customer or sales side and the customer didn't qualify.  I can't see how you didn't.  Puzzling

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Contacted MobilityCare via private message a few weeks ago. No use - asked to wait for the submitted case to resolve.  It has been almost 2 months since the first case was submitted. And escalated multiple times. No response by e-mail or phone. I am thinking to file a BBB complaint and explore other legal avenues.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@custsince2008   File with BBB and your state Atty General or consumer protection.  I don't understand why these get messed up.  It makes ATT look bad.  😒

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.