For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
1515chat's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 12:06 AM

AT&T needs to keep copies of their Live Chats!

On JULY 7th I did a LIVE CHAT requesting an extension on my bill due to a horrible situation I had..I explained that a payment I had made the day before was not going to clear because of this problem.They helped me with an extension until Aug 11. I asked twice if my services would be interrupted, and they said No..As long as I made my payment on the 11th..Well today I tried texting and it wouldn't go through. I called from a different phone and they said my services were interrupted due to non payment.I explained I did a LIVE CHAT and did an extension .I told them to look up my chat on that day.They said they don't keep copies of chats!..well they said because my 1st payment didn't clear they had to cancel the extension. I explained AGAIN that their rep said it wouldn't interrupt my services as long as I paid on Aug 11th. ( I explained on live chat about my first payment not going through).But since they dont keep copies of chats,they said there's nothing I can do.I know SPRINT emails you a copy of your Chat ...So now my services wont be back until I make FULL payment.I'm so disappointed..I knew I shouldve screen shot my convo!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@1515chat wrote:
On JULY 7th I did a LIVE CHAT requesting an extension on my bill due to a horrible situation I had..I explained that a payment I had made the day before was not going to clear because of this problem.They helped me with an extension until Aug 11. I asked twice if my services would be interrupted, and they said No..As long as I made my payment on the 11th..Well today I tried texting and it wouldn't go through. I called from a different phone and they said my services were interrupted due to non payment.I explained I did a LIVE CHAT and did an extension .I told them to look up my chat on that day.They said they don't keep copies of chats!..well they said because my 1st payment didn't clear they had to cancel the extension. I explained AGAIN that their rep said it wouldn't interrupt my services as long as I paid on Aug 11th. ( I explained on live chat about my first payment not going through).But since they dont keep copies of chats,they said there's nothing I can do.I know SPRINT emails you a copy of your Chat ...So now my services wont be back until I make FULL payment.I'm so disappointed..I knew I shouldve screen shot my convo!

It sounds like the chat was not the issue, but rather the fact that the payment was returned. 

If the payment hadn't been returned before you chatted, it probably appeared to the rep that everything was going to be fine. However, after that, the payment was returned and things changed. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you..but I did explain (in the chat) that my payment would be returned,and the chat rep still said it wouldn't be a problem.That's why i didn't worry about it..That's another reason why I wanted a copy of my chat session to show proof that their staff gave me the wrong info. The phone rep even said that the chat reps were wrong on telling me that..I just wish I had a copy of that session. Now I know with At&t I have to keep some kind of proof on what they say..Even their phone calls.The phone rep said they don't record those either..

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@1515chat wrote:
Thank you..but I did explain (in the chat) that my payment would be returned,and the chat rep still said it wouldn't be a problem.That's why i didn't worry about it..That's another reason why I wanted a copy of my chat session to show proof that their staff gave me the wrong info. The phone rep even said that the chat reps were wrong on telling me that..I just wish I had a copy of that session. Now I know with At&t I have to keep some kind of proof on what they say..Even their phone calls.The phone rep said they don't record those either..

Right, but the rep doesn't know what will happen when it's returned. They can only see what is in front of them that day. Should they have given a better answer? Of course. Would that change anything? No. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.