Need help understanding your bill?
asignor908's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 6th, 2018 6:45 PM

AT&T deceptive practices

I have been receiving letters for two years to return to DirecTV and bundle with AT&T wireless. I finally decided to call in and I was lied to numerous times over the next 2 hours and 30 minutes it took to bundle. I spoke to 3 different people during this process and was lied to by each one about the switcher program which they had me porting over my phone numbers and bringing my 4 lines keeping my equipment. I was guaranteed to receive $650 per line in the form of Visa gift cards which I could use to pay off Verizon contracts. None of that is true mind you!!! If I would have activated the sim cards sent from AT&T I would have had to pay Verizon over $1500 in equipment charges on my next bill. I have call several other persons with AT&T who seem like they don't want to help with combined billing orders and I can see why at this point. I am a disable veteran on a fixed income trying to save on my services but this is so unbelievable, deceptive, and incompetent. I have never invested so much time trying to buy a companies product and been treated so incompatantly, rudely, by so called customer service employees. This is my last attempt to contact someone at AT&T who is interested in helping a customer before I file a complaint for deceptive sales practices with the Ohio Attorney General and the FCC. I would really appreciate being contacted by someone ASAP.

Order number from DirecTV is 283579448 

AT&T wireless order #56-81200002228022

Thank you

Al Signorelli

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@asignor908 wrote:

I have been receiving letters for two years to return to DirecTV and bundle with AT&T wireless. I finally decided to call in and I was lied to numerous times over the next 2 hours and 30 minutes it took to bundle. I spoke to 3 different people during this process and was lied to by each one about the switcher program which they had me porting over my phone numbers and bringing my 4 lines keeping my equipment. I was guaranteed to receive $650 per line in the form of Visa gift cards which I could use to pay off Verizon contracts. None of that is true mind you!!! If I would have activated the sim cards sent from AT&T I would have had to pay Verizon over $1500 in equipment charges on my next bill. I have call several other persons with AT&T who seem like they don't want to help with combined billing orders and I can see why at this point. I am a disable veteran on a fixed income trying to save on my services but this is so unbelievable, deceptive, and incompetent. I have never invested so much time trying to buy a companies product and been treated so incompatantly, rudely, by so called customer service employees. This is my last attempt to contact someone at AT&T who is interested in helping a customer before I file a complaint for deceptive sales practices with the Ohio Attorney General and the FCC. I would really appreciate being contacted by someone ASAP.

Order number from DirecTV is 283579448 

AT&T wireless order #56-81200002228022

Thank you

Al Signorelli

You said "if I would have activated the SIM cards..." which leads me to believe your did not end up keeping the AT&T order. If so, there's really nothing to formally complain about. You shouldn't have been misled, but if you found out the truth before you hit the "point of no return" so to speak, your'e in the clear. 

The previous switcher offer for wireless expired on March 31, and as far as I know a new one hasn't been announced. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I didn’t find out with AT&T’s help and due to outsourcing their incompetent employees cost me about 4 hours in all on the phone and two stops at a AT&T store. That is a cost to me!!

Customer service at AT&T is non existent!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.