Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T changes your plan without notice and sends an incorrect new billing amount

Tutor

AT&T changes your plan without notice and sends an incorrect new billing amount

Been a long time AT&T customer and received an email today regarding my "account changes".  Went into my account to find out that my plan has been changed without my approval, and my new monthly bill amount is $60 more than it has been.  Additionally, since it's being done mid month, my upcoming bill will be essentially double of what I typically pay.  So, I call ATT customer service, and the woman tells me my plan's been discontinued and they moved me to a new plan but I get more data with it.  Wow?!  Oh...and the amount they notified me is incorrect.  She says ATT is aware that it's been distributing erroneous billing notices but hasn't fixed it.  I told her I wasn't interested in an increase in my monthly wireless bill.  Her solution was to tell my daughter to use less data so we could downgrade our plan, and then essentially pay what we've been paying all along...maybe $10 less per month.  So, as a thank you for being a long term ATT customer, I have the choice to limit my daughter's phone usage to keep paying what I've been paying, or upgrade to a higher data plan even though I've never gone over and don't need any extra data.  She then tried to educate me on how wifi works and that doesn't cost me anything.  Wow..a GREAT example of HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Message 1 of 78
Tutor

Re: AT

It’s not. Went through a years worth of bills.
Message 76 of 78
ACE - Master

@acass1234 wrote:
It’s not. Went through a years worth of bills.

Have been able to retain the plan you were switched back to on July 2?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 78
Tutor

So far yes
Message 78 of 78
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support