Helpful Links

AT&T Phone Replacement, defective unit return lost in the mail. AT&T reps say I will be charged $390

Contributor

AT&T Phone Replacement, defective unit return lost in the mail. AT&T reps say I will be charged $390

Hello everyone. I just got into the same situation. So there is a huge possibility I will be sent a bill for the lost return. Judging from this thread looks like noone has been able to resolve the problem and it is pretty much pointless to argue with these guys.

If and when I will get charged for the lost phone I will not under any circumstances pay this amount. So my question is: Will I be able to continue using AT&T service and my data plan and most importantly how will it affect my account  upgrades in the future with this outstanding amount.

I'd really hate to terminate AT&T contract ( I have 4 lines, mine is a smartphone) But if AT&T will limit my upgrade eligibility and or my data use or anything on my account I will be forced to terminate the contract. If that happens I'm not  going to pay the termination fee either and I don't really care about the consequences of such action. So this is not an issue for me.

Thank you.

Edit:

I see my post has been moved to another/new thread

So to make a lost story short: mailed a defective unit back to ATT and it got lost in the mail. Not able to track it on newgistic at all.

AT&T says will charge $390 for the lost return device.

<new post created, subject edited>

Message 1 of 151
Contributor

Re: AT&T Phone Replacement, defective unit return lost in the mail. AT&T reps say I will be

Actually, when I got my package and return information it states you can drop in your mailbox, have the P.O pick it up, or drop it off.

Message 151 of 151
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support