For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
maxx12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2016 12:04 AM

AT&T MISLEADING OFFER OF $650 CREDIT TO SWITCH FROM OTHER CARRIER

@ATTMobilityCare please help me get the forms to submit to att.com/helpyouswitch so I can recieve my $650 credit.  I have tried all the links online the sites don't work.  I have called customer service they can't help and keep sending me into the Corporate offices with the final bill and they can't do it.  When they did try, it came back with a Ref Code of *. On 4/29/16 the corporate office did say if customer service could email me the forms that could probably submit it or would at least try.  Customer Service couldn't even do that.  I should have never switched to att this has been a huge waste of time.  I will not pay att anymore until they make good on this offer and maybe switch back to the old carrier. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Anderson1983        And you are complaining why?    
This is exactly the way the switch offer works for all carriers.   You got everything you were owed.   The switch offer for all carriers, including Verizon, is a reimbursement only for phones.
Go to Verizon website and see the video clip how it works.  Same with ATT, same with T-mobile, and Sprint.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Despite my poor experience with this switcher program (yes, my fiancé and I FEEL we were mislead by store associates, managers and customer service on this program), I found this forum to be extremely helpful and enlightening. For those of you still waiting for the money to pay off your fees to you former carrier, the bottom is this: The program gives a reimbursement amount on the money YOU will spend to pay off your fees. We are looking at over $1800 for switching to Sprint AND THEN switching back to AT&T, which equals legitmate [not alleged] misinformation from Sprint and AT&T, poor decision making on our part and countless hours of living life I will never get back (we were nearly kicked out of the store...twice. A word of warning, do not curse loud enough for others to hear, it evokes fear in the sales associates and mangers Smiley Very Happy). If I had been told up front to just pay off my Sprint bill and THEN I would receive my reimbursement in the time table advertised, I would have accepted that. HOWEVER, in the retail stores and with customer services this detail IS NOT clarified. I do realize that the fine print makes mention something along the lines of having an account with your former carrier "in good standing." Honestly, what does that really mean when my account is with Sprint "closed," upon porting my number to AT&T? Just say it in plain English: Stop being a deadbeat, pay your bill off and we'll kick a little back to you for joining AT&T family. It's always best to explain things in the simplest terms; it leaves no argument for all of these problems. That being said I do still like AT&T's wireless services (because I'm not paying for Verizon), but their presentation and communication amongst their departments and 3rd-party providers leaves something to be desired. I think back to what my high school math teacher told us about education and communicating information. I am paraphasing, but basically he said, If I teach you this material and everyone in the class fails the test, it's a strong indicator that I'm not doing my job in explaining the material in a way that is understood and retained. Chew on that for a bit, AT&T. I'm sure you won't.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@shannonbz wrote:

I do realize that the fine print makes mention something along the lines of having an account with your former carrier "in good standing." Honestly, what does that really mean when my account is with Sprint "closed," upon porting my number to AT&T? Just say it in plain English: Stop being a deadbeat, pay your bill off and we'll kick a little back to you for joining AT&T family. It's always best to explain things in the simplest terms; it leaves no argument for all of these problems.

The "in good standing" comments are for your account with AT&T (if you don't pay your bill, they aren't going to give you more credits). (I don't see that phrase being used about your former carrier....)

While those words happen to be in the fine print, they're also pretty prominent in the "what happens next section" which also gives a timeline of the process. https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

Plain English doesn't work for legal documents, defining "deadbeat" isn't going to be any easier than "good standing" in the terms and conditions....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@shannonbz

@Gary L

😆😆. Good one @shannonbz.  ATT does lean heavy on the legalese.  Either of you read Verizon's customer agreement?   They could teach the other carriers a thing it two about writing a plain English, legal document.  It says everything ATT TOS says without legal jargon.  Very clean.   

https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

IMG_5669.PNGIMG_5670.PNG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Just signed up a week or two ago and have found the same to be true. Sales rep in the store said 650 per line to pay off verizon. She failed to mention all the stipulations and that Verizon would not actually get paid off. Really misleading. Shame on you AT&T!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@jfatjo0811 wrote:

Just signed up a week or two ago and have found the same to be true. Sales rep in the store said 650 per line to pay off verizon. She failed to mention all the stipulations and that Verizon would not actually get paid off. Really misleading. Shame on you AT&T!!!

@jfatjo0811

Well then there is shame to go around.   It's been said a few hundred times:  ATT, Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint all have the same offer with same requirements, same reimbursement.    Considering this is a major financial move, every customer should do their homework.  Seems those who don't wind up here....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I cannot speak for Verizon or tmobile, but if I would have stayed with
Sprint they give a 300 credit per phone added to your phone account. I have
4 lines that's 1200. That pays off my past service plus some. So you can't
say they all are the same cause clearly they are not. At&t are scammers and
will find themselves at the bottom real soon. I believe T-Mobile and Sprint
are going to make a super comeback. I hope to see cheating at&t fall.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@jfatjo0811

Not true.... that is NOT the offer on Sprints website. , Sprint has the same offer, which I found just now on their website.

It's the same as Verizon and T-mobile.    You do not get $650.   You do not get your service paid off.  All offers from all 4 carriers, pay off your PHONE.  

IMG_5678.JPG

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I was out $1400 for 3 phone lines when we switched to AT&T from Sprint. We switched because of lack of coverage, and we live in the middle of Macon Ga. the price they also quoted me in the store was a good $85 less than what I am playing now. What a rip off!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Kimmiejs wrote:
I was out $1400 for 3 phone lines when we switched to AT&T from Sprint. We switched because of lack of coverage, and we live in the middle of Macon Ga. the price they also quoted me in the store was a good $85 less than what I am playing now. What a rip off!!!

@Kimmiejs  Did you trade in your phones and buy new ones?  Did you submit your final bill?   The reimbursement doesn't happen magically, you have to fulfill the requirements. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.