Need help understanding your bill?
Whizerd's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 8:58 PM

Closed

AT&T Loyalty Department Phone Number

Does AT&T have a phone number that would allow me to speak with someone in its Loyalty Department?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Not a specific number.  When you call the standard att number, 800-288-2020, ask for "retentions" as you navigate down through the phone tree.  Whenever it asks what your problem is just keep repeating "retentions".  Eventually you will get there.  But the first question you should ask when some human actually answers is "are you the retentions department?" just to verify you got there.  It's worked for me every year for the "annual renewal ritual".

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. That worked!

Whizerd

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The one they gave me was for an "Orange County Warm Line" basically a counseling service for people undergoing emotional stress. The emotional stress I was undergoing was from trying to find a responsible human being who could actually answer questions about what appears to be a fraudulent attempt to collect money by AT&T. They added a cancellation fee to my final bill of $35.00 when I switched to a prepaid plan from my regular AT&T wireless service. A wireless plan for which I had no signed contract, and never agreed to pay any cancellation fee. In addition there was a "data use" charge of $236.00 for data which I never accessed but which they insisted was  nonetheless a valid charge. You see I was using an old Razr flip phone which I never used to access the internet, so I new there was no data usage overage. However after 7 transfers to different departments some manned by humans, some only by robots, I finally was directed to call this "Loyalty' department number..itself a completely wrong number, the AT&T rep thinking they were somehow doing me a favor. Well here's the upside. I am done with AT&T and let others read this and decide.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I called the number given above and repeated the word "Retention" at every juncture. Basically the robot hung up on me. Great service for a customer who is totally unsatisfied with AT&T.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I don't know how smart the automated phone system is but perhaps you should have said "retentions" (i.e., with the "s") instead of just "retention" (no "s").  Unless they changed it in the past few months "retentions" (with the "s") since I used it last it, it has worked every year for the last 9 years for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I used the process above today... (800) 288-2020, told the computer "RetentionS", and got to the exact right department. I even verified when she picked up. Was assisted by a SUPER helpful woman names Michaela who got me higher internet, switch to DirecTV, and saved me $120/month. Yes! Thanks for the advice, ACE! This will be my new annual April Fool's ritual.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am done with At&t. Billing dept has commited a faud. I have talk to Customer services with 5  different people, and they are no help. I have requested FTC forms to report a fraud, and plann to terminate business with this company for ever as soon as Spectrum can schedule installation date.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@sanghvi57 - what does your post have to do with the topic of this thread?  Also remove your personal info from your post if the forum moderator hasn't already done so.  This is a public forum.  You don't want people seeing that stuff.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

There is a "customer service loyalty phone number ". Unfortunately I have  lost it, but can confirm it exists. The problem though, that makes absolutely no sense, is that it is almost impossible to get? I was just on chat and promised that 800-288-2020 was in fact the loyalty number. That is the main customer service line where I've never gotten any help .They transfer 5 times to only be disconnected from or you get promised something that doesn't exist. I'm in the process of tearing my house apart to find that number, otherwise.. I'm done with AT&T.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@Cfsaw76 - 800-288-2020 is the proper number to get to the various att departments.   You just need to learn how to navigate down the phone tree in response to the various prompts.  For "customer loyalty" I recommend you ask for "retentions" as you go down the tree.  It's always worked for me.  Just make sure you ask if you actually connected to the retentions department when someone answers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.