Need help understanding your bill?
benh1234's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 11th, 2016 5:21 PM

AT&T Insurance claim replacement phone upgrade

I just lost my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, which has insurance on it. I want a new iPhone, and want to know if I can upgrade (via the insurance claim), from my old S5 to a new iPhone (maybe 6?).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Insurance is covered through Asurion, not ATT.

Insurance coverage replaces your phone with payment of the deductible, with an identical model, or a similar one if it is not available.  

No you cannot upgrade.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

No, the insurace gives you a replacement of what you lost.  If they provided "upgrades" people would lose them all the time.

And your insurance is probably through Asurion, not AT&T, they're just collecting the money for you.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Could I maybe pay extra? I don't have an upgrade right now but am willing to pay - I don't like the phone that I have right now.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Pay extra to who? As already explained, the insurance company provides a replacement, they don't do upgrades. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

if at&t just take the money what if a agent mess up your insurane by droping it and put back on. on the same date and then its mess up your discount for all a year

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Its a racket, I upgraded a line on my account on 4-10-17, it was stolen.   I Added insurance to the upgrade, when I tried to put a claim in for the stolen phone, I find out that the insurance coverage will not be active until 6-5-17.   But I will be paying for the insurance and cant put a claim in, what a bunch of you know what

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My phone won’t stay charged! I am 8 months pregnant and I need my phone!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

So pick up a cheap phone off the prepaid rack and swap your SIM card into it.  If your phone is insured you can file a claim with Asurion. https://www.att.com/offers/device-protection.html

• 

21 Messages

@lizdance40 so what if it is time for my up grade but i have a crack in my phone, could i file insurance get the same phone ( if possible) then do a upgrade with at&t? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

so what if it is time for my up grade but i have a crack in my phone, could i file insurance get the same phone ( if possible) then do a upgrade with at&t? 

You mean because you have to trade in to upgrade?   Yes.  The insurance replacement can be traded in in place of original phone. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

21 Messages

Yes, but will at&t still give me my up grade on a new version after i claim my broke phone on insurance? Im asking bc i know insurance gives u a refurbished phone, they are not new but like-new. 

And i pay that extra payment so when my phone is half way paid off i can do my up grade and trade my old phone for a new phone. So can i still get my up grade if i get a refurbished phone  from insurance? Will they accept the phone  i get from insurance as a trade in for my upgrade?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

yes a phone is a phone as long as its in good condition

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi I just got a new phone through insurance with a new SIM card. Someone helped me set it up but my phone isn’t allowing me to make or receive calls and I can only get messages through iMessage 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.