For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bhutson's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 5:44 PM

AT&T Horror story - Switch carriers while you can

So I ordered new service with AT&T yesterday (new phones for my daughters birthday) and did the In-store pick up option because I'm out of town and won't be able to get the package delivered to my home, neither can I pick it up. The selling point for me was that AT ANYTIME I would be able to add an authorize user and they would be able to pick it up for me. Cool, great, wonderful. I was assured after asking atleast 10 times that I would be able to add an authorize user to pick up my package for me. So I get the E-mail saying that my order is ready for pick-up so I go and try to log in to my account so that I can add the authorize user. Lo and behold.. I can't do it?! Why? Because the account is not yet active therefore I can't add anyone until I pick up the phones and activate them. Keep in mind people that I spoke to 2 sales reps AND a supervisor BEFORE I placed the order that assured me I could do it this way but they leave out that little detail?! And I know you guys record phone conversations, you can go back and listen to me clearly being reassured multiple times I'd be able to add a authorize user. AT&T has the most incompetent employees out of all cell companies, even Metro PCS and that's saying something. Not to mention the wait times. I spent maybe 5 hours on the phone yesterday minimum and no one can resolve my problem. No I don't want to cancel the order and have it shipped, my daughters birthday is TOMORROW and my items are just sitting at the store and I cant do anything about it. This has to be THE worst experience ever. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Looks like poor planning on your part. Never wait till the last minute with any carrier. I have no idea why they would tell you that you could add a authorized user on a account that is not active. I never order over the phone or online because of issues like this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

How in the world is it poor planning on my part that I don't know AT&T policies through in through??? Poor yeah sure if I DIDNT ASK THE FREAKING EMPLOYEES OVER 10 TIMES WOULD I BE OK.. No you're wrong. THATS INCOMPETENCY ON BEHALF OF AT&T for telling me what they told me after me asking 3 different employees and being reassured that I was fine. If you don't have anything positive to add to this thread please don't respond because the way I'm feeling right now you will get told off. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Waiting 2 to 3 days before a birthday is poor planning wether you admit it or not. I didn't let att off the hook you were given bad info. But like when I gave my daughter her crapple 6s I got the phone unactivated 5 days before and gave it to her on her birthday. I don't trust any company.

There is no solution to your problem. You will have to go in and pick the devices up yourself or cancel the order. I ageee you were given bad info the bad thing is there is no fix since you have to pick them up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Whether its poor planning or not thats besides the point and as a "community expert" why would you even say something like that lol. I don't know what it takes to be an "expert" on the AT&T forums but if you're the standard then it just further validates my point about AT&T. Good day to you, Sir. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.