Need help understanding your bill?
NicoleMafe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 14th, 2019 3:33 PM

AT&T Free MSG - Insurance Claim

I received a text message from AT&T (487-89 was the phone number) that read:

"AT&T Free MSG: A Device Insurance claim was submitted for your device with AT&T wireless number "my phone number". Reply NO if you did not authorize this claim."

I ended up replying NO because I did not make this claim and got this reply:

"Thank you for your response. Please visit att.com/newpasscode to reset your account passcode."

Is this a legit message from AT&T? I have not clicked on the link because I am thinking this may be a scam text. Anyone know anything about this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Dont click the link, but do check your account and reset your password and add a 4 to 8 digit PIN code for security

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@NicoleMafe wrote:

I received a text message from AT&T (487-89 was the phone number) that read:

"AT&T Free MSG: A Device Insurance claim was submitted for your device with AT&T wireless number "my phone number". Reply NO if you did not authorize this claim."

I ended up replying NO because I did not make this claim and got this reply:

"Thank you for your response. Please visit att.com/newpasscode to reset your account passcode."

Is this a legit message from AT&T? I have not clicked on the link because I am thinking this may be a scam text. Anyone know anything about this?

It sounds pretty scammy to me as well. I'd log in to my account (using the regular way, not the texted link) and change the pin, regardless

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Asurion sent me a malfunctioning replacement phone for my I-phone 8 plus which I returned to them. I canceled the plan but they kept my original phone, which they claim to be now their possession. I was told by them that my phone was either “recycled or sent to another customer as a refurbished phone”. They are horrible and have no respect for people. AT&T confirmed thru a retrievable recorded message that Asurion owes me a phone, no question about it.

I need a solution, and won’t accept a free Samsung G3 to settle, that’s insulting...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.