Need help understanding your bill?
dragory's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 2:41 AM

Closed

AT&T Fraud Department

I recently received a mail requesting my personal information from AT&T Fraud Department. Their address is 12911 E. 183RD ST, CERRITOS, CA 90703. I wonder if it is the correct address of AT&T Fraud Department.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @dragory

I’d be happy to help with this letter you have received! When it comes to suspected fraud, you can never be too safe! If you receive a letter claiming to have come from an AT&T Fraud Department, we can certainly look into this to determine the legitimacy. Please contact our Fraud Department and we can verify this for you.

• Wireless accounts 877-844-5584 
  • Home phone, Internet, or U-verse TV accounts 888-471-4576

I would also recommend visiting our Fraud and Security FAQ page for additional articles and resources to help protect yourself, your family, and your personal information.

You can also learn more about the latest scams and what to watch out for on our Cyber Aware site.

I hope this helps!

Charise

(edited)

• 

1 Message

I received this email (all in Spanish) along with an attachment of a bill in the amount of $521.73. It's clearly not mine as I'm from Canada, and we don't have AT&T. Clearly a scam but I don't know how to go about unsubscribing my information.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@dragory@  wrote:

I recently received a mail requesting my personal information from AT&T Fraud Department. Their address is 12911 E. 183RD ST, CERRITOS, CA 90703. I wonder if it is the correct address of AT&T Fraud Department.

Did you dispute a portion of your bill, or claim identity theft or breach?

The address looks legit.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8659653,-118.0565576,3a,89.1y,329.76h,85.18t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s9JHZ-IVkf8RcZbP84lZhew!2e0!5s2011-08

I believe this is their phone number (800) 331-0500.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello At&T,

A suspected CPNI Breach in our company had been reported to our higher management but they cover up the issue. Is there anyway we can raise it to ATT instead of the BPO Company we are working with? They seem to cover it up to avoid investigation. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Recently I called the fraud depatment because someone I used to know, who owes AT&T money decieded to use my email account and someone else's name to open an account. I gave them the information, which after being transfered to 3 different people, I felt like they could have cared less. They promised a follow up phone call which I never got, so 5 calls later they said there's nothing they could do.. Got to love the security they say they have..

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Are you being billed?

how do know it's someone you know?

It wouldn't be the first time someone gave the wrong email when they signed up.  Unless there is another account attached to you, it isn't something to worry about.  Check your credit history and ATT to verify you are not the responsible party for another account.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTMobileCare

Unable to reach anyone who can respond to fraudulent use of my credit card in your AT&T website after providing it at an AT&T store. I've contacted customer service and the 877-844-5584 fraud number. Getting no assiistance, just people or your system transferring me around in circles, including a supposed to be supervisor in the payment processing center who said he didn't know how to handle this kind of call. How do I contact your fraud department directly to report this to a live person that handles fraud,... or don't you want to know someone is accessing and using your customers credit card data?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I was able to reach a live person at the Fraud division yesterday at 877-844-5584. The representative handled my call well and took the pertinent information so this issue can be tracked and patterns associated to the store identified and resolved (if any found). I'm pleased with the response. It apprears there is no late evening, weekend or holiday access directly to a fraud agent so be sure to call during standard business hours to get to the right people for this kind of issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

if i am the only authorized user on my account how could att give my info to someone else

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

this happend to me yesterday. well similar. worked 13 hour day and at my job no phones are aloud in the building. wife called conplaining she lost all service around 2pm. get out to my car after 7pm and same thing. was able to get hangouts call placed over my wifi at home to ATT. someone walked into Apple store claiming to be me and updated all my lines transferring service. no notification from ATT. guy on the phone sounded like this happens all the time from Apple store.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

then on top of that the fraud dept is not open 24/7. so what chance i had at icloud locking the devices before they were sold on the street or craigslist is gone. Also makes me wonder how ATT allows stuff like this to go on. Apple stores have 50 camera's in them. cant imagine it would be that hard to track down who did it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.