Need help understanding your bill?
tellingmelies's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 4th, 2019 9:44 PM

AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk

I received a phone call from 973-528-7276 and the caller ID came up as AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk. Is this a legit phone call from AT&T? No message was left and I was unable to answer

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This article explains the fraud and spam alerts. If you have recently switched to AT&T unlimited, you are automatically receiving these alerts. (This can be turned off if you prefer). It will also alert you to political calls, telemarketing, etc. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1319644

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

No. ATT does not make calls like that. It was probably a phishing scam.

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster 

Isn't it going to be Call protect alerting OP in this situation?  E.g "Scam Likely", perhaps number in question has been flagged multiple times thus resulting in it reading "AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk"?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Ulak34 I guess that is possible though I’ve never seen that particular display from Call Protect. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just received one of these calls that came up on my Caller ID as “AT&T Fraud Alert.” When I answered and acknowledged my name the man immediately connected me to a recorded Heart Association plea for donations, so I hung up. A second call came in, this time from Ohio, but I didn’t answer and they didn’t leave a message. 

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Do something for gods sake to protect us from all this (Edited per community guidelines). I get warning after warning that my phone number has been used or risk of being used because it was given out in a data leak. You “att” I am saying only do 30% of what you need to all I ever see is responses that say “no, likely a scam” or “ ya thats a scam” and “probably phishing or scam” We know that part thats why we ask you guys about it to find out how to stop it or what your doing to stop it or a number we can call with a human that can give us some dang piece of mind. Att you do the exact opposite you just confirm what your customer is worried about which worries us even more because you leave it on us to figure out and deal with ourselves. Maybe scamming is so bad now because all scammers need to do is read community boards to see what phone companies do to protect there customers and they see not a thing at all so its open season. WAKE UP!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

Sorry, there's just not a whole lot phone companies can do about scams, especially without making life even more difficult for legitimate customers. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.