jessicawang79's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, April 8th, 2013 7:19 AM

Closed

$500 deposit required for International student

Hi there,

Has anyone like myself been asked for putting down $500 as a deposit when you opened up an AT&T account? I'm an International student.

They said the deposit would be returned to me 12 months later if I made these 12 monthly payments on time.

Does anyone have got such deposit back successfully as how they promised?

How and when they refund the deposit to you?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

Deposits of that amount are required for international customers and customers with bad or no credit. You will receive your deposit back, usually by check in the mail, after 1 year of on time payments.
If you have any late payments, they may hold your deposit for another year.
If you cancel your contract before completion, they will take any fee final fees out of your deposit before you receive it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hi there!

kdfederer is correct and here is some additional information about deposits that will answer your questions and help you understand the deposit and refund process. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409269#fbid=3Ojg6uFNnSc

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

When you need to close your account, contact AT&T, They will take any cancellation fees and final bill out of your deposit and will send the remaining balance to where ever you want it sent.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

it WOULD be great to see if/when anyone on here has got their deposit back,or been in a similar situation.
Quiet forums I see.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

But, in my case, I opened up my account around August 29, 2012. However, I might leave US around August 20 this year. Can I still have my money back? And when?

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I see. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I posted this elsewhere on here.im new.i also put up $500 deposit.but I canceled my account and returned the phone after only three days with AT&T.one reason?I NEVER agreed to an astounding $583 dollar a month contract! I only need 2 gigabytes NOT 40! good thing they have a 15 day remorse return policy.
I returned phone in mint condition.I was originally informed after calling AT&T it would be three weeks to get my money back.NOW I see it's more like 60
days.uh,I WILL get my $$$ back,right?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Ok,it's been over a month.AT&T informed me they would happily return my $500 deposit no later that 21 days after I returned the phone,once again,in mint condition with the box and all accessories.they lied,what a "shocker" there. I see they are bound and determined to keep my money.I was with AT&T a grande total if THREE days.wow.now of course EVERYONE I talk to warns me not to get involved with AT&T.I kinda wish they'd told me before I entered one of there "stores".so,I'm well tired of contacting AT&T,and have filed a dispute thru my bank.visa will be calling them next time.not i.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.