Need help understanding your bill?
gwill30's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, April 10th, 2014 7:13 PM

2 yrs of ball dropping

Sorry for the rant as I am starting to see this is a common issue.

Im not sure where to begin as I  and my Fiancé have spent about a hundred hours or so on the phone with ATT over the last 20 months or so. We have been valued customers for over 10years  Me = 14 her = 12.

The issue started in Sep of 2012. With dropped calls and not being able to make calls and during 1 particular urgent situation, our kids school bus was hit and neither of our phones would work to call 911, That was the last straw. One of the worst cases to date. so after months of working with the tech team and after several cases opened and closed without any call backs. Several new phone purchases latter as that was always the solution to the problem “update your phone and renew your contract as cell phones are always evolving" said the tech team.... Then it was the 3g cell tower in our home then it was hey sorry here is a credit and another and then it was consolidate your lines, then it was rebuild your lines only to lose out on several Grandfather Statuses and thousands of roll over minutes. The culmination to the storm came about 4 months ago when finally a rep named Mi-isha started to text my Fiancé directly and email which we greatly appreciated as it was a personal touch. Well turns out she finally came to the point that she stated ATT may never fix our dropped calls or missing calls or incorrect plans now rebuilt by att. all of our rollover minutes gone. all of our grandfathered statuses GONE ( unlimited data)..

Just to be clear the Tech team was able to come to the conclusion we had a unique situation that they were able to duplicate however it was not due to cell towers or peek use or anything   just dropped calls  missing texts then showing up months later,  friends and family stating they had been trying to get ahold of us for days.

So we reach the point where Mi-isah promised us 6 months free service and 3 FREE new cell phones to which my Fiancé and I agreed was fair. We had been loyal customers and did our fair share of calling and working with IT as well as buying each new phone up until that point that was recommended to fix the issue.

We were set, she said don’t worry about your bill for 6 months and since you just purchased new phones ( at the time note2 for me and 2 nokia lumias 920's for my fiancé and daughter which again were top of the line at the time) your account will be noted to receive 3 new phones only catch was we had to call to get the phones and could no get in the store  which again was fine.

1 month later we get a bill and so we text and email Mi-isha to which she responds don’t worry about it you will be fine ill take care of it right now.  Next month comes and again now we are 2 months behind bill is 400.00. so we reach out to Mi-isha and this time no response SO BEING THE RESPONSIBLE ADULTS WE ARE we paid the bill and then received a text from MI-isha stating she will have our credit card refunded the funds. she then apologized and said she was only able to get 3 months free service approved. to which we were like we understand and refund our CC.

Another month goes by and another bill and no refund WELL after no response from Mi-isha except for her Cancelling our account apparently to cover her tracks as  .  So she cancelled our accounts without our approvals and left it at that . We had to rush to the local store and get the prepaid set up while our account was being reviewed.

So i call yesterday as it took me months to cool down and i had already exhausted so much time and effort into this fiasco.  3 hours on the phone with a rep named Tammy and then Tayvon in contracts. Tayvon was to the point in that she apologized and said we will never be able to refund you the 400 to your CC  HOWEVER  if you sign a new contract I will have the activation fee waived for all 3 lines and AND you can pick out 3 new phones for FREE        FREE...... anything besides apple products unless they are already free with a 2yr contract.

TO MY DELIGHT I CALL to verify (as i learned early to cover my butt) with the local sales shop only to be told that Tayvon never noted the account. Well after a call back to customer service and another hour and a half on the phone the notes were found and it stated waive the activation fee 36.80 per phone however nothing about FREE phones  on mentions online discounted phones  WHICH i reiterated 3-4 times with TAYVON on our call that you are sure they are free " any phone we want besides apple products" all 3-4 times i was re assured YES YES YES.  if you pull the call you will hear her.

BALL is in your court ATT  your next move will speak volumes to your company’s character. How will you treat a stand up, decade and a half customer that has been through the ringer and back?          

[edited for privacy]  

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, gwill30!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences. We'd be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I already sent one

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Great! You should be hearing from one of our care managers soon, then.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Just wondering when I am going to hear back? 5 days now and nothing. I know our account has alot of notes so imagine my frustration when i have to spend the first hour of each conversation  explaining it all. :). That usually ends with Silence on teh other end of the phone and then either a transfer or a dropped call.

I think ATT needs a Dedicated Rep Team  that owns each persons service issue.

I would appreciate something as little as an acknowledgement email.

Thank you!!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@gwill30 wrote:

Just wondering when I am going to hear back? 5 days now and nothing. I know our account has alot of notes so imagine my frustration when i have to spend the first hour of each conversation  explaining it all. :). That usually ends with Silence on teh other end of the phone and then either a transfer or a dropped call.

I think ATT needs a Dedicated Rep Team  that owns each persons service issue.

I would appreciate something as little as an acknowledgement email.

Thank you!!

Actually only been 3 days, weekends don;t count - Have you checked your email and the spam filter? Everytime I used it the response was via email

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I did finally receive a  response but before getting into that I have to ask, why wouldn’t the weekend count? I pay for the weekend, they have reps on the weekend? 

ATT is only going to cover PART of what I proved. I have internal emails promising a refund and new phones and they are going to only cover part of the refund for half a month in which they, ATT, closed our account.I don’t need emails to prove the fact they botched our account several times, eliminating our grandfathered status on several key features that I, being a decade long customer, coveted. Also not accounting for the thousands of roll over minutes I accrued.

Im not sure what is going to take to get an ATT rep to see the whole picture. Broken promises after broken promise then mistakes galore.

Believe me, at this point it is about the character of this company and its ability to take care of customers and the principal of the fact that they keep on making mistakes. It is definitely not about the money as my fiancé and I are fortunate enough to do very well.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@gwill30 wrote:

I did finally receive a  response but before getting into that I have to ask, why wouldn’t the weekend count? I pay for the weekend, they have reps on the weekend? 

The reps who handle these issues do not normally work weekends.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.