For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
fbroce's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, February 10th, 2014 10:07 PM

10gb mobile share one line

I have one line still under contract (contract started last May). Looks like I can opt for the 10gb mobile share plan and get the line for 15 + 100 for 10g of data. Total 115/mo + tax and fees minus any discounts.

Is the contract still in place if I opt for this plan? Looks to me like it's waved however, a CSR said it is still in tact.

Any one know for sure???

Thanks,

Fred

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@fbroce wrote:

I have one line still under contract (contract started last May). Looks like I can opt for the 10gb mobile share plan and get the line for 15 + 100 for 10g of data. Total 115/mo + tax and fees minus any discounts.

Is the contract still in place if I opt for this plan? Looks to me like it's waved however, a CSR said it is still in tact.

Any one know for sure???

Thanks,

Fred

Existing contracts stay in place. I changed to mobile share last week with 3 lines all still under contract. My account shows all 3 still with the same contact end date. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

OK..thanks...I thought I saw something about contract forgivness in certain situations. I guess it was false.

I may still opt for the 2gb plan..I have an employee discount and I believe the discount is on the data part with the mobile share plans making the plans a little more attractive for an indivual.

I sure wish you could just pay off your contract if you wanted to without porting out.

Thanks,

Fred

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

If you had the phone before 02/02/2014, your eligable for mobile share value at 10gb or above at $15 a line for your phone and any BYOD(Bring your own device) added to it. Any phones under contract on mobile share value is $40 a line. I hope this helps.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@fbroce wrote:

OK..thanks...I thought I saw something about contract forgivness in certain situations. I guess it was false.

I may still opt for the 2gb plan..I have an employee discount and I believe the discount is on the data part with the mobile share plans making the plans a little more attractive for an indivual.

I sure wish you could just pay off your contract if you wanted to without porting out.

I believe the comments you saw about contract forgiveness applied to the NEXT Program purchaes of new phones.  If you purchase a new phone using a NEXT program, that will allow you to purchase a phone over 20 or 26 months with no financing fees.  This is a purchase contract where you pay for the phone over time.  The "forgiveness" comes in because the NEXT plans have options to allow you to trade in your phone any time in the last 8 months before it is paid off to get a new replacement, and you would not be obligated to pay that remaining months payments of the phone purchase contract.  If you pay of the contract in full (which you can do at any time) you get to keep the phone, but if you choose to use the "early upgrade trade in" feature of the NEXT program, you could possibly get a new phone as early as 12 months after your last upgrade.  If you are a gadget hound, that would mean you could get a new phone each year and not have to worry about waiting for your 2 year contract to expire, and you get to save a little money because you don't make those last 8 payments on the phone you are trading in.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.