Need help understanding your bill?
austin.vojta's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 13th, 2012 12:16 AM

will I automatically be added to a data plan?

@imfster

So I'm still a little confused, hope you can help me out. I currently have the Pantech Ease (a messaging phone) but want a smartphone that runs Android. I plan to purchase one from a website and not through AT&T, such as this here: http://android-sale.com/huawei-honor-4-inch-touch-screen-3g-8mp-camera-android-smartphone-black.html

If I take the SIM card out of my Ease, and pop it into this Honor, will I automatically be added to a data plan? I really don't want to pay the $30 a month for data, and I would only use the internet when I had WiFi, so I don't understand why AT&T is supposedly able to do that, or if they will in my circumstances and situation. Thanks.

-austin.vojta

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

Yes a data plan will be added as soon as the network identifies the smart phone. You can chose the lower 20 plan if you'd like but if you use a smart phone, you have to have a data plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

682 Messages

12 years ago

T-Mobile used to allow people who brought their own phones with them to opt out of the data plan, but Sprint & Verizon require data plans just like AT&T.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

You'll get a data plan attached automatically if you don't pick one

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Do you know about other companies? Do Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint have the same policies?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.