Need help understanding your bill?
iflycopters's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 12:18 AM

switching number between accounts

So, I'm currently on a family plan (I am not the primary account holder) but decided to split off and get my own account when buying the i5. I was eligible for an upgarde on the family plan and I could've taken it and then did a transfer of billing responsibility BUT instead I decided to start as a new customer. I was looking forward to a new number but I wanted to keep my old one for a little while just in case which is why I did it that way. So at the moment I have two phones with two numbers on two different accounts.

To make this short, I don't like my new number (actually I don't like the area code 424 I was issued, so it's not just a matter of requesting a new number because they'll probably give me the same 424 area code). My other phone, a 310 area code, I still have and is still active on my other phone but on a different account. Is there a way to transfer that number to my new phone? Both phone numbers are in my posession just a matter of whether I can switch the number between two different accounts. 

If not, then I guess I'll be returning it then doing it by upgrading which means I'll probably have to wait another month for another iphone5. And yes, I care that much about my highly sought after 310 area code...i'm very vain, j/k but seriously I want my old area code.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

You can transfer a wireless number from one account to another.  Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB106740#fbid=vHiROW4c98R for detailed information on how to do this. Since the originating account is not in your name it will be a Transfer of Billing Responsibility. If it's been less than 30 days since you opened your account with the new line, you can cancel that number with no penalty.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.