Need help understanding your bill?
pcTOgo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 7:03 PM

"free" 2G upgrade

I keep getting snail mail, as well as email, to go to my local store and get a free upgrade...or I can call a number.

Why can't I just do it on line?  I'm handicapped, and cannot go to a store.  I also do not want to spend (from what I've read) an hour to do it over the phone.  MOST especially, I am not interested in a salespitch.

I am no longer under contract... haven't been for years, and I liked AT&T, but other companies -- even if I pay for a new phone -- are sounding pretty good.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

7 years ago

The free 2g phone is either a lgb470 $49.99 or a Samsung j3 $269.99, and the reason you cannot do it online is because a manager has to do a price override for the total cost of the phone. You may be able to use customer service chat online, but there is no self service option for the free phone that I know of. If you call 1-800-351-0500 you can be done in 15 mins or less and have your free phone shipped to you. I hope this helps best wishes. James

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

An additional note for @pcTOgo.  The $229 smartphone requires a data plan.  If your account does not currently included a data plan, you would be forced to add one, and you bill would increase.  

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance thank you for mentioning that 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I don't want a smart phone... just a flip phone, like I have now.  As I said, I'm home-bound.  I have a computer.  No need for a smartphone.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Okay so I have a question somewhat related to this. I am in the process of trying to switch over to ATT with BYOD option. I was trying to switch over before my old phone went out - not quite. It actually drew it's last... charge... while my SIM was on it's way. So now I can't activate because I don't have a working IMEI to attach to the account.... Other than my spare 2g phone from like 2007!

So I am in a weird position. I'm going to take out a Next EIP plan here soon when I have some more money but right now I only have this 2g phone. I didn't receive the campaign letter... but is this an option for me? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.