Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 29, 2011
7:53:32 PM
View profile
is this message real?? from 11113000

AT&T Free Msg: You and your FamilyTalk members now have FREE calling to ANY U.S. mobile phone. We've upgraded your messaging plan to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling at NO additional cost to you. Just our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer.

and if this is real does this mean i can call any mobile phone verizon t-mobile sprint straight talk boost mobile etc???

AT&T Free Msg: You and your FamilyTalk members now have FREE calling to ANY U.S. mobile phone. We've upgraded your messaging plan to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling at NO additional cost to you. Just our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer.

and if this is real does this mean i can call any mobile phone verizon t-mobile sprint straight talk boost mobile etc???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 29, 2011 8:10:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Indeed this message is legitimate! Smiley Happy You can call any cell in the U.S from any mobile provider (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile etc) and it will not count toward your minutes plan! Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

is this message real?? from 11113000

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 29, 2011 8:09:31 PM
(0)
Master

Yes the message is real....

As to your second question, that is how I would interpret it as your voice plan already has mobile to mobile for any ATT phone.

Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling

Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.
You need a compatible plan and phone to get this service. 
See compatible: Phonesshow and Plansshow

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Yes the message is real....

As to your second question, that is how I would interpret it as your voice plan already has mobile to mobile for any ATT phone.

Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling

Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.
You need a compatible plan and phone to get this service. 
See compatible: Phonesshow and Plansshow

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: is this message real?? from 11113000

2 of 7 (7,179 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 29, 2011 8:10:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Indeed this message is legitimate! Smiley Happy You can call any cell in the U.S from any mobile provider (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile etc) and it will not count toward your minutes plan! Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (7,177 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 8:25:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
Would like to haves AT&T staff state so.. but guess senior guru and a ninja will do haha why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me? I do admit ill enjoy free calling to mobile phones. Considering I was looking into using google voice and stuff as an alternative to calling to non AT&T people. Seeing how I use voice on my pc sometimes for business calls. Anyways thanks guys.
Would like to haves AT&T staff state so.. but guess senior guru and a ninja will do haha why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me? I do admit ill enjoy free calling to mobile phones. Considering I was looking into using google voice and stuff as an alternative to calling to non AT&T people. Seeing how I use voice on my pc sometimes for business calls. Anyways thanks guys.

4 of 7 (7,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 8:50:52 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

AT&T chiming in as requested Smiley Wink

These guys nailed it. The message is legit and you don't have to do anything to take advantage of this upgrade of your service.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

AT&T chiming in as requested Smiley Wink

These guys nailed it. The message is legit and you don't have to do anything to take advantage of this upgrade of your service.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (7,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 6:11:25 AM
(0)
Master

Starn wrote:
why did they randomally change my plan with out contacting me?

They are enhancing the plan you have by giving you more for the same price.  As for contacting you, that is what the SMS message is for.  In the grand scheme of things, they have changed some of their plans as they have eliminted the A-List for new plans.  Existing users with the A-list do not loose that option. 

Enjoy!

Starn wrote:

They are enhancing the plan you have by giving you more for the same price.  As for contacting you, that is what the SMS message is for.  In the grand scheme of things, they have changed some of their plans as they have eliminted the A-List for new plans.  Existing users with the A-list do not loose that option. 

Enjoy!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 7 (7,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 10:17:18 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by aristizzle on Sep 30, 2011 at 10:19:34 AM

youngjm wrote:

Starn wrote:

Enjoy!

*correction* Existing users with the A-list feature are currently grandfathered into it. They are able to retain the feature, unless it's removed either by choice or by changing to an ineligible rate plan. At that point, grandfathered status is lost, and the feature is irretrievable.

youngjm wrote:

Starn wrote:

Enjoy!

*correction* Existing users with the A-list feature are currently grandfathered into it. They are able to retain the feature, unless it's removed either by choice or by changing to an ineligible rate plan. At that point, grandfathered status is lost, and the feature is irretrievable.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (7,121 Views)