Need help understanding your bill?
icekitten97's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 3:17 AM

can i block a number through my account online?

i have 2 phone numbers on one account. is there i can block a number from this website on my account? my other number is getting a girl harassing my boyfriend.  thanks for anyones help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Yes you have to sign up for Smart Limits which is $5 a month. Once signed up you can block up to 15 numbers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

also some devices also have what is called the reject list which is a feature in the divce that will reject the call

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

smart limits is 4.99 a month which is just .16 a day

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

nearly all Samsung phones have this feature. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Does anyone else wonder why AT&T charges $5 a month to block harassing phone numbers while their competitors give the option for free?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Honestly, I am quite frustrated by all these big companies nickel and diming customers while claiming they have the lowest prices on the block.  How greedy does corporate America need to get before they change their ways??? Oh, I know... Customers need to start fighting back and stop using the companies products.  I know it will be difficult to sacrifice your cell phone, cable TV, or other service provided by these fat companies, but if we don't do something they will get fatter and we will become poorer.

Really ATT?  You're gonna charge me to block a harassing or just simply undesired number?  The cost of doing this is, well nothing.  Assuming your system is at least a 20th century system, it should be nothing more than the click of a button on a web page.  This can even be done by the customer, so there is no admin cost to ATT.

ATT, become better than the rest.  Stop nickel and diming your customers.  Try giving existing customers the features they except without charging them for it.  Likely you will gain a happier customer who might buy other new services from you.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I agree. It is ridiculous for AT&T to charge $60 a year to block harassing phone calls. This is nothing but another rip-off by another corporate giant.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Btw, Verizon does it for free. Can't wait till my contract is up

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@kjgray wrote:

Btw, Verizon does it for free. Can't wait till my contract is up

if you are that unhappy with the service then why wait, figure out how much it will cost you ro continue paying month to month for a service you dislike and then compare it to the etf + the final non-prorate bill - the cost will probably be less to pay it off in one lump sum

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.