Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2014
2:53:05 PM
View profile
bill

I was told that by "upgrading' my phone my bill would be less. I even questioned the guy in the store several times. I've been an AT&T customer for over 10 years with at least 3 phones on my plan. I have paid thousands for phones.

After 2 hours of fighting with someone today and getting no where when I was LIED TO. I am  IRATE!!!! I would have never agreed to this. My bill has been a mess since I "upgraded my phone".  I will everyone I know to buy their phone, NEVER go into the AT&T store, go to APPLE and buy your phone outright or on CRAIGSLIST. I can't even return the phone that doesn't have a contract without paying a f-ing ridiculous amount of money. Thanks!

I was told that by "upgrading' my phone my bill would be less. I even questioned the guy in the store several times. I've been an AT&T customer for over 10 years with at least 3 phones on my plan. I have paid thousands for phones.

After 2 hours of fighting with someone today and getting no where when I was LIED TO. I am  IRATE!!!! I would have never agreed to this. My bill has been a mess since I "upgraded my phone".  I will everyone I know to buy their phone, NEVER go into the AT&T store, go to APPLE and buy your phone outright or on CRAIGSLIST. I can't even return the phone that doesn't have a contract without paying a f-ing ridiculous amount of money. Thanks!

bill

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2014 11:31:04 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Apr 12, 2014 at 11:31:24 AM

What were you charged? What you were you expecting?

Typically, the details for any agreements/monthly charges, are sent via email. Did the email match your expectations?

How long ago was did you get it? Most places offer 14 day return period, if there's any issue with the process.

-Alex

What were you charged? What you were you expecting?

Typically, the details for any agreements/monthly charges, are sent via email. Did the email match your expectations?

How long ago was did you get it? Most places offer 14 day return period, if there's any issue with the process.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: bill

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (179 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2014 12:30:32 PM
(0)
Former Employee

This sounds like another customer who doesn't understand the difference between the 2 year contract subsidized upgrade and the Next plan. I hate to say it but based on the complaints I've seen, CS reps and store personnel are not doing a good job explaining the differences. 

To the OP, since you got a  "no contract " phone, that means you are on the Next plan. You mentioned it would have been better to buy the phone outright at an Apple store, just FYI on the Next plan you are paying the exact same price as buying it outright at Apple. The difference is under Next you pay it off in monthly installments. 

This sounds like another customer who doesn't understand the difference between the 2 year contract subsidized upgrade and the Next plan. I hate to say it but based on the complaints I've seen, CS reps and store personnel are not doing a good job explaining the differences. 

To the OP, since you got a  "no contract " phone, that means you are on the Next plan. You mentioned it would have been better to buy the phone outright at an Apple store, just FYI on the Next plan you are paying the exact same price as buying it outright at Apple. The difference is under Next you pay it off in monthly installments. 

Re: bill

3 of 3 (172 Views)