Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 9, 2014
12:27:01 PM
Worst store for up sale fraud, 16496 beach blvd. westminster ca
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 9, 2014 at 1:00:20 PM

This is the second time I went into a this store, I am a long time at&t customer.

I went in to find out why my monthly bill was so high on 5/17, after paying 320-380 a month.

Turns out, previous of this date, I was sold a device that I did not need, while I was up grading two of my three kids phone. in the confusion, the employee added a line for this device, causing my bill to increase, and my son going over our data package.

On 5/17, when that was discovered after 5 hours and 5 different employees insulting my intelligence, and telling me nothing can be done, a Female manager came over, once I explained the issues, she looked into my account, cancelled the extra line, adjusted the bill, took care of me.

I was very happy and grateful, however, as we were talking and I mentioned a side  that I was starting, she started to sell me an 5s, It was my understanding, that I was due for an upgrade, and that I could get the 5s for 99.00 dollars, by renewing my contract. Hence new phone for me, use old phone for business line, increase the data, so no more fees. I asked over and over, what is the cost, what will i pay monthly?? She explained my bill by line and service fees, Stating that 250-260 plus tax. Under $300.00? And I now have a 5s? Yes, so I gladly agree, I ask , so I wont come in again with some charge that I DID NOT WANT OR DID NOT UNDERSTAND!? RIGHT??, She says Right. Since 5/17, I have yet to pay a bill under $300.00, But worse than that, my June bill was $564.78!!!!! Once again the sales team, fancy talked me into something i did not want, and did not do as I asked. 1. Added a line. 2. gave this line a 15gb package of its own. The intentional sales fraud, caused my account to once again go over in data, resulting in additional fees and cost that should have never been applied. For the past 3 days i have been on the phone with customer service, which they told me that i had to go to the store, to have that line resolved. Well once again, I get insulted by the manager Gonzalo Nurena," We can't help you", his first answer, His explanation of the extra line, and its own 15gb package?, Someone screwed up, but it past 14days so you cant return the phone.

As he is looking at my account, he states, I see your signature, you signed for it!."Don't you check your e-mail"?. I am so disgusted in the people there, I am a manager for Albertsons stores, as well as a educated Paralegal, no contract is valid when the is fraud. I am now forced to pay full price for a 5s, 798.34, plus the cost of service, and i now have a NEW 2 year contract?.To add to this fraud, the automatic payment 564.78 went through the wrong account, causing me to be overdrawn in my checking account and incurring 80.00 in fees!!!!

Gerald at customer service is doing his best to credit me my over charges and fees, but unfortunatley I have a feeling he will fail.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

This is the second time I went into a this store, I am a long time at&t customer.

I went in to find out why my monthly bill was so high on 5/17, after paying 320-380 a month.

Turns out, previous of this date, I was sold a device that I did not need, while I was up grading two of my three kids phone. in the confusion, the employee added a line for this device, causing my bill to increase, and my son going over our data package.

On 5/17, when that was discovered after 5 hours and 5 different employees insulting my intelligence, and telling me nothing can be done, a Female manager came over, once I explained the issues, she looked into my account, cancelled the extra line, adjusted the bill, took care of me.

I was very happy and grateful, however, as we were talking and I mentioned a side  that I was starting, she started to sell me an 5s, It was my understanding, that I was due for an upgrade, and that I could get the 5s for 99.00 dollars, by renewing my contract. Hence new phone for me, use old phone for business line, increase the data, so no more fees. I asked over and over, what is the cost, what will i pay monthly?? She explained my bill by line and service fees, Stating that 250-260 plus tax. Under $300.00? And I now have a 5s? Yes, so I gladly agree, I ask , so I wont come in again with some charge that I DID NOT WANT OR DID NOT UNDERSTAND!? RIGHT??, She says Right. Since 5/17, I have yet to pay a bill under $300.00, But worse than that, my June bill was $564.78!!!!! Once again the sales team, fancy talked me into something i did not want, and did not do as I asked. 1. Added a line. 2. gave this line a 15gb package of its own. The intentional sales fraud, caused my account to once again go over in data, resulting in additional fees and cost that should have never been applied. For the past 3 days i have been on the phone with customer service, which they told me that i had to go to the store, to have that line resolved. Well once again, I get insulted by the manager Gonzalo Nurena," We can't help you", his first answer, His explanation of the extra line, and its own 15gb package?, Someone screwed up, but it past 14days so you cant return the phone.

As he is looking at my account, he states, I see your signature, you signed for it!."Don't you check your e-mail"?. I am so disgusted in the people there, I am a manager for Albertsons stores, as well as a educated Paralegal, no contract is valid when the is fraud. I am now forced to pay full price for a 5s, 798.34, plus the cost of service, and i now have a NEW 2 year contract?.To add to this fraud, the automatic payment 564.78 went through the wrong account, causing me to be overdrawn in my checking account and incurring 80.00 in fees!!!!

Gerald at customer service is doing his best to credit me my over charges and fees, but unfortunatley I have a feeling he will fail.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Worst store for up sale fraud, 16496 beach blvd. westminster ca

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 6:23:05 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Suncitymial!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. We always expect our reps to thoroughly explain the terms and conditions associated with our our plans, and I'll be sure to forward your comments. We would appreciate the opportunity to remedy the situation, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Suncitymial!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. We always expect our reps to thoroughly explain the terms and conditions associated with our our plans, and I'll be sure to forward your comments. We would appreciate the opportunity to remedy the situation, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Worst store for up sale fraud, 16496 beach blvd. westminster ca

2 of 2 (159 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments