Need help understanding your bill?
Justcurious123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 1st, 2013 9:41 PM

What is the best possible phone I can get with no data plan?

I do not want Internet or any extra parts of the data plan, nor do I want to pay the extra amount. I looked up a HTC Freestyle and some people said that you can get that without a data plan. If not, what is the best phone I can get without a data plan? I don't want some crappy flip phone. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Justcurious123 wrote:

I do not want Internet or any extra parts of the data plan, nor do I want to pay the extra amount. I looked up a HTC Freestyle and some people said that you can get that without a data plan. If not, what is the best phone I can get without a data plan? I don't want some crappy flip phone. 

then look at gophones, there are a couple of choices for smartphones that do not require data plans. If you go with a contract then you are limited to basic phones - these are your choices

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/quickmessagingphones.html

you can also purchase a used att smarthphone from a 3rd party like ebay or craiglist (be careful who you buy from) and put it on a gophone plan. the htc freestyle is a basic phone so no data plan is required, you can purchase outright from a 3rd party and put it on a att plan.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Unlocked gsm phone. Check out the nexus 4 on Google play

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@j3.cole wrote:
Unlocked gsm phone. Check out the nexus 4 on Google play

This would require a data plan unless it's used on a gophone plan and only use wifi. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

you should switch to Verizon since AT&T doesn't have the option were you can have a smartphone with no data plan. And maybe AT&T should take their customers into consideration!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

That's funny. because Verizon REQUIRES data plans on smartphones, too. Most providers now require data plans on smartphones unless it is used on the pay as you go plans.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:
That's funny. because Verizon REQUIRES data plans on smartphones, too. Most providers now require data plans on smartphones unless it is used on the pay as you go plans.

It is no longer just smartphones. As a new customer on either ATT or Verizon, your only choice is Mobile Share (and whatever Verizon calls their's) which is unlimited talk, text and some amount of data to share and it no longer matters whether you have a smartphone or not. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@JgUT28 wrote:

you should switch to Verizon since AT&T doesn't have the option were you can have a smartphone with no data plan. And maybe AT&T should take their customers into consideration!

6 years ago verizon made the same policy

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Verizon-to-require-30-data-plans-for-new-smartphones_id3404

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.