Need help understanding your bill?
pjsg's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 3:10 AM

What is comparable ATT plan to TMobile Simple Choice? ATT Customer Support unable to answer!

I called ATT customer service to see what the comparable ATT plan to the T-Mobile Simple Choice plan is. They couldn't tell me, and didn't know who could tell me (I suspect that the rep was having a bad day). Anyway, I took him at his word, so I decided to ask here:

What is the comparable ATT plan to T-Mobile Simple Choice for either 2 or 4 smartphones that I already own?

Thanks

Philip

p.s. Neither ATT nor T-Mobile have service at my house unless I stand on one leg in the bathroom with the shower running. And, even then, it is flaky.

p.s. The posting system keeps saying "Please correct the highlighted errors and try again" without highlighting any errors. I'm reduced to making random changes.... (now trying in Safari rather than Chrome)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

@pjsg , the best thing for you to do is visit AT&T Wireless Voice, Data, and Messaging plans to get information on all the plans. This should help you in making a decision. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@pjsg wrote:

I called ATT customer service to see what the comparable ATT plan to the T-Mobile Simple Choice plan is. They couldn't tell me, and didn't know who could tell me (I suspect that the rep was having a bad day). Anyway, I took him at his word, so I decided to ask here:

What is the comparable ATT plan to T-Mobile Simple Choice for either 2 or 4 smartphones that I already own?

Thanks

Philip

p.s. Neither ATT nor T-Mobile have service at my house unless I stand on one leg in the bathroom with the shower running. And, even then, it is flaky.

p.s. The posting system keeps saying "Please correct the highlighted errors and try again" without highlighting any errors. I'm reduced to making random changes.... (now trying in Safari rather than Chrome)

I suspect the rep had the same problem I have in answering that question: What is the T-mobile Simple Choice plan?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/individual.html

Essentially: $50/mth 1st phone, $30/mth 2 phone, $10/mth per phone up to some limit. 500MB/mth, unlimited voice, text.

They have been pushing their approach pretty hard in advertising recently.

Philip

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

As far as I know, they don't have anything close to this.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Your question has many facets.  Are you looking for something comparable in price?  If so, you won't find it.  If you are looking for comparable features, both carriers offer unlimited voice and text messages with differences in the data offerings.

That is the key that you are leaving out of your question.  How much data do you use?  If you use 500MB of data or less on each line, you can get four lines on T-Mobile for $100.  Four smartphones sharing either 2, 4 or 6GB of data will cost $230 on AT&T.

You have to be more specific with your needs and usage patterns in order to get a useful answer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Right now I'm on an ATT plan with 350MB of data (two phones, one smart, one not -- both off contract). Costing me ~$90/mth with a national account discount. I've been with ATT/Cingular for maybe 15 years, so I wanted to check before switching away.

If the comparison is between $100/mth and $230/mth, I can even afford to buy one cheap prepaid phone for emergencies from every other carrier just to maximize coverage!

The kids will probably want to use more data (I have them on ~$8/mth gophone plans today  [if I had added them to my att family account, then it would have added data plans for each of the kids]) but a plan that throttles with no overages is great for kids.

Thanks

Philip

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

If you don't have coverage at home on ATT or Tmo, it might be a good idea to check out Verizon or even Sprint.

Then you can use a prepaid company like Ting or Pageplus. You could save a lot and get better coverage if it works.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
If you don't have coverage at home on ATT or Tmo, it might be a good idea to check out Verizon or even Sprint.

Then you can use a prepaid company like Ting or Pageplus. You could save a lot and get better coverage if it works.

As with any MVNO - check to see which towers they pay for space on you will probably end up with att, verizon or sprint anyway since MVNO's can;t afford to put up their own towers and still keep their budget pricing - you get what you pay for

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

Pageplus and Selectel use Verizon's network, and Ting uses Sprint for data and Verizon and Sprint for voice.
So if you have good Sprint coverage (is there such a thing?) use Ting, if you have good Verizon coverage use Pageplus or Selectel
If not check out Airvoice which is a ATT reseller.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.