Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 15, 2010
2:58:31 PM
View profile
What does this text message mean?
Edited by ckuczek on Sep 15, 2010 at 3:00:33 PM

I received a text message this morning from AT&T saying that my rebate has arrived.  Why could this message have been sent to me?  The only thing that I could think of when they're talking about rebate is my phone that was purchased last month, but by the main account holder.

I received a text message this morning from AT&T saying that my rebate has arrived.  Why could this message have been sent to me?  The only thing that I could think of when they're talking about rebate is my phone that was purchased last month, but by the main account holder.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2010 1:41:59 PM
(0)
Guru

The rebate is for your phone/line. The account holder has filed for a rebate on your phone, but as it is your number associated with the phone purchased, you get the automated TxT msg.

You will not be receiving the rebate unless the account holder has put your name and address on the form sent in. The rebate will arrive in 6-8 weeks after receipt in El Paso, TX where the rebate center is located.

Accepted Solution

What does this text message mean?

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2010 3:03:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ckuczek wrote:

Hmmm...

Are you the primary account holder, or no?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

ckuczek wrote:

Hmmm...

Are you the primary account holder, or no?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What does this text message mean?

2 of 7 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2010 3:10:54 PM
(0)
Professor

Well, that means that a rebate was submitted for that line (they send it to the line the rebate is done through, I would know) and that they recieved it. You'll also get a message when the rebate is finalized and also when it ships out.

Well, that means that a rebate was submitted for that line (they send it to the line the rebate is done through, I would know) and that they recieved it. You'll also get a message when the rebate is finalized and also when it ships out.

3 of 7 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 9:23:43 AM
(0)
Guru

It means someone must have sent in a rebate on that line.

It means someone must have sent in a rebate on that line.

4 of 7 (770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 11:55:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

rebate line 866-852-8617, Mon-Sun: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.

rebate line 866-852-8617, Mon-Sun: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

5 of 7 (740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2010 1:41:59 PM
(0)
Guru

The rebate is for your phone/line. The account holder has filed for a rebate on your phone, but as it is your number associated with the phone purchased, you get the automated TxT msg.

You will not be receiving the rebate unless the account holder has put your name and address on the form sent in. The rebate will arrive in 6-8 weeks after receipt in El Paso, TX where the rebate center is located.

6 of 7 (733 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 7:52:06 PM
(0)
Professor

No.  I am not the account holder.  That text message would make sense.  I called an AT&T store and the woman told me the same thing.  Thanks for the help. :-)

No.  I am not the account holder.  That text message would make sense.  I called an AT&T store and the woman told me the same thing.  Thanks for the help. :-)

7 of 7 (708 Views)