For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Focusandsee's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 11:15 PM

Water damaged phone,got insurance made a claim and no reply from insurance been a week already

I water damaged my iPhone 5s being pushed  in my pool  with it still in my pocket. It was in a life proof case so I thought I was saved but it didn't it leaked in. So I made a claim with life proof and asurion and it's been a week and have yet to hear from either one. What do I do??

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I dont know about the lifeproof warranty, but as far as asurion goes, contact them.

If there's a hang up/hiccup causing a delay, they'll tell you, and let you know if there's a way past it.

If the phone was sent, but stolen mid-transit, then asurion may have further options for that too.

Either way, you need to contact them

The number for Asurion Mobile Insurance is 888.562.8662.

-Alex

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Asurion usually don't call back the customer to update their claim status. You should actively follow up with the insurance company, and ask all he question you may have.

Also, after you claim is approve, make sure you have the phone send to a valid address because there was fraud problem in the past that if you don't give them the correct address or if there's any problem with the address, you will be going through with lots of hassle that you can prevent in the first place.

Mt suggestion would be, make sure you send to an address with your photo ID that has the same exact address.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.