Need help understanding your bill?
Cthib10's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 7:23 PM

Very Poor Customer Service (Potential New Customer)

Background: I am a Verizon customer and had Verizon FIOS and cell phone service but I moved last week and Verizon FIOS was unavailable in the  area. The only service I could get at the new address is AT&T Uverse. I placed an order online and within 30 minutes all my information was verified and I had an appointment set up for a technician to install service in my home (which was successfully set up last Friday). I had no issues at all with the process and thought I might switch my cell service as well.

On Tuesday I went to the AT&T Wireless site to look at phones and there are great specials you can get ONLINE ONLY so I went through the whole process of picking the phones and filling out the same information I did for Uverse last week (with no issues at all) and placing my order. I wait 48 hours and I finally get another email stating my order has been cancelled because they are “unable to verify my information”. I was pretty shocked since I have an account with AT&T and just had service installed less than a week ago.

I chatted with customer service about the issue and asked how there was no issue verifying the very same information less than a week ago now all of the sudden it can’t be verified? It has been less than week…The only responses I get are pre-generated and don’t answer any question I asked. Basically go to the store and show my ID is my only option even then all my information is already on an account with the same company. Now I am expected to go to the store and do this all over again and not even get the phone special that is only available ONLINE. Very terrible service. I think it is more of a way to get out of abiding by the online specials honestly.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Cthib10 Welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry for the issue with your wireless order. Our team will be happy to review your account and help with whatever we can. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Update: First I would like to thank Dmitriy for assisting me in escalating this order issue.  I had an automated email response from the escalations depart about  an hour or so after sending my information. This email informed me I’d be hearing from a representative with two business days. I received a second automated email shortly after saying my order was cancelled because the information I provided didn’t match up with the information from the credit bureau. It was still an automated email but at least I was aware of why my order had an issue. To my surprise just a few minutes after the automated email arrived I got an email from Joe G (Social Media Manager) clarifying the email and giving me exact details as to what information needed to be verified and he provided me with the number to call and verify. I called the number verified my identity and within an hour I had an email giving me my estimated ship date for my order.

I just want to say thanks for resolving the issue in a timely manner! Now lets just hope the order ships ; )

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Cthib10 wrote:

Update: First I would like to thank Dmitriy for assisting me in escalating this order issue.  I had an automated email response from the escalations depart about  an hour or so after sending my information. This email informed me I’d be hearing from a representative with two business days. I received a second automated email shortly after saying my order was cancelled because the information I provided didn’t match up with the information from the credit bureau. It was still an automated email but at least I was aware of why my order had an issue. To my surprise just a few minutes after the automated email arrived I got an email from Joe G (Social Media Manager) clarifying the email and giving me exact details as to what information needed to be verified and he provided me with the number to call and verify. I called the number verified my identity and within an hour I had an email giving me my estimated ship date for my order.

I just want to say thanks for resolving the issue in a timely manner! Now lets just hope the order ships ; )

Since you said you are a Verizon customer, I presume you are a new wireless customer and therefore getting a mobile share plan. If your phone order is for phones at the 2 year contract subsidized price, you might want to rethink your purchase strategy if it's not too late. For each phone bought at the 2 year contract price, your monthly cost per line on mobile share will be $40. If you buy the new phones via Next, your monthly cost per line is either $25 or $15 (depending on whether your mobile share is less than 10GB or not). You may find that over the course of 2 years, you will be paying more for each phone at the 2 year contract price than if bought via Next. You also avoid the $36 activation fee with Next. You may find the Next option actually works out costing less.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I had a similar problem. I ordered 4 phones and was trying to switch from Verizon. I was advised to call the Order Processing Team but was given a vague reason that they were unable to verify my data and/or I ordered too many phones and that I should go into a store. They were unable to really assist me in any way.

Poor customer experience. Epic fail. Was just at the end of my contract on Verizon and this was the opportunity to make the switch to AT&T but seriously reconsidering and may just stay with Verizon.

semper fi...

gary

Scholar

• 

428 Messages

10 years ago

Would you break down the cost over 2yrs on the Next Plan vs 2yr? I would want the 1gb plan with 2 smart phones. I looked at the Next Plan, i figured it was more. how do you get it's less? You have to pay at least half of the retail to upgrade.. $15 x 12+ $180 or $360 over 2yrs. A 2yr contract would be $199 plus $36 activation. I see it being cheaper thru 2yr contract. Please show me how you see it would be cheaper.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.