Need help understanding your bill?
BBoomer's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 8:29 PM

Very Disappointed with Wireless Customer Service Employee or Sales Employee

I am  a new Uverse customer and since I already have your two services I thought about adding wireless as well  and I got this letter in the mail yesterday about some offers.  I was reading  the fine print and it says $45 for Value Plan with 300MB data (which I won't use anyway) and unlimited talk and text with no annual contract with one smartphone.  I am okay with that since ATT now has a sale on the phones and I see this Nokia on sale.  And I am ready to switch from Verizon.  So  I called and was asking this girl in  Texas about this offer.  And I was asking her about this plan but  she told me that I cannot have it because I need to have my own phone. I am buying my phone  from ATT and just want to get this plan  that is stated in the  offer I got in the mail.  Then this rude girl told  me to listen to  her and work my brain.  How rude is that?  I told her ATT  cannot get my  business .   I am staying with Verizon.  You guys should watch out with what what you say to potential customers.  You are driving  them away and be specific with your offers.  It does not say in the offer  to  bring my own phone. Too bad .  I will have to tell my family and friends  to stay away from ATT wireless.  And  I was even very defensive with my daughter about ATT now I found out why she does not want to switch over.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@BBoomer wrote:

I am  a new Uverse customer and since I already have your two services I thought about adding wireless as well  and I got this letter in the mail yesterday about some offers.  I was reading  the fine print and it says $45 for Value Plan with 300MB data (which I won't use anyway) and unlimited talk and text with no annual contract with one smartphone.  I am okay with that since ATT now has a sale on the phones and I see this Nokia on sale.  And I am ready to switch from Verizon.  So  I called and was asking this girl in  Texas about this offer.  And I was asking her about this plan but  she told me that I cannot have it because I need to have my own phone. I am buying my phone  from ATT and just want to get this plan  that is stated in the  offer I got in the mail.  Then this rude girl told  me to listen to  her and work my brain.  How rude is that?  I told her ATT  cannot get my  business .   I am staying with Verizon.  You guys should watch out with what what you say to potential customers.  You are driving  them away and be specific with your offers.  It does not say in the offer  to  bring my own phone. Too bad .  I will have to tell my family and friends  to stay away from ATT wireless.  And  I was even very defensive with my daughter about ATT now I found out why she does not want to switch over.  

If you look here you will see that the 45.00 plan pertains to a no contract BYOD or a phone obtained through the next plan. The disclaimer is on the web page and on the TV add

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the link but  I am okay with my current  wireless provider .  I just upgraded  my phone  and my new plan  for unlimited talk  and  text  .  I do not need a family plan and I do not need to text to  other countries . With my bad experience today with ATT wireless thanks but no thanks.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I share your pain - rude employees and mis-information seem to be the order of the day at ATT. Perhaps you can provide me with details and information on the plan you chose with another carrier as I am actively looking for a new provider. Please feel free to post any info here on this forum.

Best Regards,

isthis4real

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I understand your pain as, I now see for myself they advertise offers they they actually don't have.  I would remain with Verison if I were you, I considering making the change as well.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If you are using ATT for your mobile phone service, please beware. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for about 8 years. Recently I had service issues caused by their inability to fix a connectivity issue and then they refused to accept the blame. They did next to nothing about it once I got in touch with them about the issue. The social media manager told me that there was nobody above her that I could talk to about the issue and their inadequate resolution to it. It's sad that companies fell no loyalty to their long term customers anymore. I will be moving my business elsewhere. Hate to rant but this really made me mad. Ridiculous.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I totally understand, I've been a customer for 16 years and went through a
similar situation. Take your phone and RUN.... I just received service with
Verizon ☺

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i went to small att store in okla city.the store # is 0527 to use machine to pay bill. i am confronted by staff when i step inside.i say i am there to use machine to pay bill.they yell at me machine doesnt work. there is no sign on machine. the stores do not want anyone comeing in just to pay bill,if you are not there to buy something they dont want you in store.they say you can pay us but then demanded i show drivers lincese to pay cash for my bill,i refuse. there were extremly rude to me and should be FIRED. i am very angry about my treatment. noone should be treated as i was.all i wanted to do was pay my bill. i still have not paid bill which is overdue. i am [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]. this was last nite.thursday-aug-25.

thanks

i would be happy to back there and point out the 2 employees that were so rude to me

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

An ATT salesman came to my door and talked me into changing from u-verse to Direrct TV.  He gave me his word that I would get to keep the discounts that I currently have with ATT.  Att then removed my Internet discount.  I have called the salesman and customer support many times, but I rreceive liesand cons and runarounds each time.  I have done business with ATT for 53 years.  I will no longer do business with them, and All people I talk to will avoid ATT.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Constant problems, lies and run around is all you get for being a customer with ATT.  I am being charged for three Ipones when we only have two.  I have called countless times, gone to several stores only to be told it will be fixed and reflect the correct devices.  It never does and usually causes another billing charge. I too should have stayed with Verizon 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry to her about your experience hopefully, your issue will be addressd
fairly quickly. If not, I suggest you return to Verizon 😉
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.