Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 3, 2013
6:04:31 PM
View profile
Unlock code for a blocked phone

Hello , i am not an AT&T user ( in fact , i am not even from the USA ). I intend to buy a Sony Xperia TL from E-Bay which has a bad IMEI ( not fulfiling contract/lost/stolen ). The poster is not sure if the phone is unlocked , as the previous owner have tried to flash the phone. Is it possible still to get an unlock code for the carrier  ? I saw in the UNLOCK PHONE FOR DIFFERENT CARRIERS in the Support section , that a phones who are reported for stolen or lost  ( ie. BAD IMEI ) , can't be subject to this carrier unlock. Does that change something if i buy it from E-Bay ?

Hello , i am not an AT&T user ( in fact , i am not even from the USA ). I intend to buy a Sony Xperia TL from E-Bay which has a bad IMEI ( not fulfiling contract/lost/stolen ). The poster is not sure if the phone is unlocked , as the previous owner have tried to flash the phone. Is it possible still to get an unlock code for the carrier  ? I saw in the UNLOCK PHONE FOR DIFFERENT CARRIERS in the Support section , that a phones who are reported for stolen or lost  ( ie. BAD IMEI ) , can't be subject to this carrier unlock. Does that change something if i buy it from E-Bay ?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 3, 2013 6:33:18 PM
(0)
Expert

ku4eto wrote:

not fulfilling the contract is not a reason for blocking a IMEI number, lost or stolen is. I would not touch that phone for anything given the dodgey history and the sellor admitting it. More then likely the carrier will only remove the block for the registered owner of the device

Accepted Solution

Unlock code for a blocked phone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 3, 2013 6:33:18 PM
(0)
Expert

ku4eto wrote:

not fulfilling the contract is not a reason for blocking a IMEI number, lost or stolen is. I would not touch that phone for anything given the dodgey history and the sellor admitting it. More then likely the carrier will only remove the block for the registered owner of the device

ku4eto wrote:

Re: Unlock code for a blocked phone

2 of 3 (4,085 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 2:50:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was just looking for a cheap and good phone and i happened to see this one. Thanks for the answer!

I was just looking for a cheap and good phone and i happened to see this one. Thanks for the answer!

Re: Unlock code for a blocked phone

3 of 3 (4,009 Views)