Need help understanding your bill?
mainedel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 8:09 PM

Unlimited data when upgrading to iphone 6s

How do I maintain my unlimited data plan when upgrading to an iphone 6s on 9/11/15??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

When I attempted to upgrade from a 4s with the unlimited data plan to a 6s+, I was offered the option to keep the data plan:

data_options.jpg

However, when I chose that option (as shown above) and submitted the form, I repeatedly received this rejection:

unlimited_fail.jpg

2 Attachments

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I was able to keep my unlimited. It looked nothing like what you had shown. Low and behold we still have Oct 16th delivery dates. It automatically selected unlimited and doesn't even offer an alternative selection, as what you've shown. I wonder if upgrading every year, over the years had kept my account compatible and grandfathered, whereas your account, going from the 4S, was never properly grandfathered. Whenever I talk with AT&T reps, they have no idea what it is I have. It's no longer documented, also maybe becuase I have Premier - hard to say.

I must also note, this was probably the most smooth and easy purchase I have ever experienced, including the Apple Store. I have been buying from Apple Store, since the 4S, and I was pleasantly suprised by AT&T Premier. Thanks guys!

2015-09-12_21-36-19.jpg

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I just tried the upgrade order again, some hours after the attempts reported above, and this time it allowed the unlimited data selection. That's a welcome improvement.

I note, however, that I'm still not allowed to choose a low-cost texting option. The form appears to repeat the "no insurance" option from the previous section, which is non-sensical in that context:

text_error.jpg

Perhaps that will be fixed as well if I wait long enough.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

A clarification on the above (which is somewhat off-topic at this point): my current plan does include the old 200-texts-for-$5 option. Presumably it should be offered to me again, for the same reason that the unlimited data plan is: I'm just changing my phone, not the calling plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Sign up for Sprint if you want unlimited data! I was deceived by AT&T employee @ the Beverly Bl & La Cienga Store to sign a contract with a new iPhone 6 that deleted my unlimited data plan for a plan I was told soul be lower than what I had been paying with the unlimited plan.

The limited plan turned out to be much higher than any plans I have ever had. When I complained I was told I cannot go back to an unlimited data plan!

Sprint offers an unlimited plan. I'm switching once I pay off this deceitful plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I agree! Don't lose your unlimited plan.  I gave it up for the Next Plan, and boy, do I regret it!  Our amount of data used when on the unlimited plan is nowhere near the total we use on the Next Plan, and we try to use wifi CONSTANTLY!  So diappointed!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Were you able to keep your unlimited data plan when you did the Apple upgrade plan from the Apple Store?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm getting this too. Any idea how to keep our existing messaging plans? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Update:  I was told by a message chat with customer service to call 800-331-0500 (customer care) and let them know I don't want any change in my current plan due to the upgrade.  I'll let you all know how that goes.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

For what it's worth, I ended up placing the order via an AT&T authorized retail store, and they were able to specify keeping both my unlimited data plan and Messaging 200 plan. It was never clear that I could do both myself via the consumer website.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.