For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
TheWyldCat's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 12th, 2016 1:52 AM

Unlimited Plan/Transfer Responsibilities/Adding Someone

Hi! My boyfriend and I went to an authorized ATT retailer the other day to inquire about adding him to our family plan, that being said I'm not the head of the account but we'd like to change the responsibility to myself because the head of the plan is bed-ridden in a nursing home, we were curious where we should start? And we were overall generally confused after going in because the gentleman who helped us told me that I'd lose my unlimited plan by adding someone to our account. Which makes absolutely no sense when my being added originally had no affect on the 3 other lines that were on the account years ago, and that adding someone shouldn't affect the plan only the price of the bill should go up? We see no reason that it should be affected, especially since we've been with ATT for well over 10 years! That's a long time to be a loyal customer. Hopefully someone can help answer these issues!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi TheWyldCat, to transfer the responsibilty of the account to a new person, the original owner has to grant permission for this and can be done online, they don't have to go to a store. https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt. Then you have to accept the transfer, again on the same webpage. Be aware that changing ownership may have been what the store agent was talking about when they mentioned losing unlimited plans. The "grandfathered" plans cannot be transferred to you so you may lose that old plan regardless of whether you add someone new to the plan or not. There's a new unlimited plan that may suit your needs!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Adding someone to your account definitely should not cause you to lose your unlimited data plan. However, I'm guessing you have the grandfathered unlimited data and Family Talk plan. You can not add your boyfriend to that plan, he will have to pick a mobile share plan. In other words you will have two different plans on your account. Regarding changing the account owner you will need to contact customer support. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@WarpSpeed9 The TOBR process is for moving a line from one account to another, not for transferring ownership of an account from one person to another. If the OP does do a TOBR, she will lose her unlimited data. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi! I was trying to accept billing responsibility online. Every time I enter my card information and press "continue," it loads and takes me back to the same card information screen. It doesn't say any information is missing or "card declined" or anything. I even put in my checking account information and the same thing happened. What can I do to complete the transfer online?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.