Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 25, 2011
10:53:53 AM
View profile
Unable to switch data plans?
Hi guys!

I hope this is the correct forum to post about my little problem. Today I just received my iPhone 4 in the mail (not from AT&T, bought it from Amazon) and I switched my SIM card from my Inspire to the iPhone.

Now here comes the problem.. I currently have the DataPlus 200MB for 4G smartphones enabled. I have tried to make the correct adjustment of switching it to the DataPro 2GB for iPhone plan but I received an error that mentions that the data plans conflict and that the 200 MB plan for 4G smartphones is required and so it does not change.

Any ideas on what I can do to switch the plan?

Thanks!

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi guys!

I hope this is the correct forum to post about my little problem. Today I just received my iPhone 4 in the mail (not from AT&T, bought it from Amazon) and I switched my SIM card from my Inspire to the iPhone.

Now here comes the problem.. I currently have the DataPlus 200MB for 4G smartphones enabled. I have tried to make the correct adjustment of switching it to the DataPro 2GB for iPhone plan but I received an error that mentions that the data plans conflict and that the 200 MB plan for 4G smartphones is required and so it does not change.

Any ideas on what I can do to switch the plan?

Thanks!

-Evandela
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2011 11:07:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

yes call 611 from your mobile device or 800-331-0500 to get customer care, They will help you.! Smiley Wink

AT&T CSR, but anything this i say is not assssssossiaattteeddd with att as a company.
Accepted Solution

Unable to switch data plans?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 10:55:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I should also mention I tried doing it from the iPhone app as well and no data plans apart from the 200MB one I mentioned is listed.. So I tried from a pc and did not work either.

Any ideas?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
I should also mention I tried doing it from the iPhone app as well and no data plans apart from the 200MB one I mentioned is listed.. So I tried from a pc and did not work either.

Any ideas?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Unable to switch data plans?

2 of 8 (743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2011 11:07:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

yes call 611 from your mobile device or 800-331-0500 to get customer care, They will help you.! Smiley Wink

______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”

AT&T CSR, but anything this i say is not assssssossiaattteeddd with att as a company.

3 of 8 (740 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 11:18:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

reason being is that your IMEI on the account is still htc inspire, care will need to change it to the iphone IMEI. also to change the data package from smartphone data to iphone data they are different

______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”

reason being is that your IMEI on the account is still htc inspire, care will need to change it to the iphone IMEI. also to change the data package from smartphone data to iphone data they are different

4 of 8 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 3:15:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Lol I said in my previous post! That's why I wanted to change the plan! Smiley Wink

I did call Customer Care and they resolved the issue in no time at all Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Lol I said in my previous post! That's why I wanted to change the plan! Smiley Wink

I did call Customer Care and they resolved the issue in no time at all Smiley Very Happy

5 of 8 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 9:53:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

Awesome. Enjoy your new iPhone, now that everything is set up correctly as it should be!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Evandela wrote:

Awesome. Enjoy your new iPhone, now that everything is set up correctly as it should be!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 8 (693 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 2:02:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Haha thanks ^_^
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Haha thanks ^_^

7 of 8 (667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 5:57:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 8 (656 Views)