Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 13, 2011
2:13:36 PM
View profile
Two and Three Digit Numbers

I have noticed several two and  three digit numbers on my husband's outgoing call list.  They are random numbers and one was a number,star, number,star, number.  He doesn't know what they are.  They are not on the phone bill.  None of the numbers ever connect.  Can you call someone with just two or three digits? I thought he was accidentally pushing buttons, but they just started last month and they are usually about the same time in the afternoon and a week apart.  Very strange.  Any explanations?

I have noticed several two and  three digit numbers on my husband's outgoing call list.  They are random numbers and one was a number,star, number,star, number.  He doesn't know what they are.  They are not on the phone bill.  None of the numbers ever connect.  Can you call someone with just two or three digits? I thought he was accidentally pushing buttons, but they just started last month and they are usually about the same time in the afternoon and a week apart.  Very strange.  Any explanations?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 14, 2011 8:16:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ghostryder wrote:

Those numbers you describe are usually shortcut contact numbers to AT&T info like, data usage, billing due amount, etc, especially since they don't show up on your monthly billing cuz they are free. You said that they do not connect...so you dial the number, press send and nothing happens?

I

Those numbers are not in fact where you can actually CALL and talk with someone, it's just to check on monthly subscriptions that you may have (like data usage, billing, etc.) It's just a way for one to be aware of their usage and billing for the month.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Two and Three Digit Numbers

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 13, 2011 3:00:51 PM
(0)
Professor

kanyne wrote:

Those numbers you describe are usually shortcut contact numbers to AT&T info like, data usage, billing due amount, etc, especially since they don't show up on your monthly billing cuz they are free. You said that they do not connect...so you dial the number, press send and nothing happens?

If that is the case as stated, I would call customer care, 800-331-0500, and see if they are in fact shortcut numbers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

kanyne wrote:

If that is the case as stated, I would call customer care, 800-331-0500, and see if they are in fact shortcut numbers. 

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Two and Three Digit Numbers

2 of 7 (17,701 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 14, 2011 8:16:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ghostryder wrote:

I

Those numbers are not in fact where you can actually CALL and talk with someone, it's just to check on monthly subscriptions that you may have (like data usage, billing, etc.) It's just a way for one to be aware of their usage and billing for the month.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

ghostryder wrote:

I

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (17,685 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 8:03:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

kanyne wrote:

I had a similar but opposite occurance a week or so ago - I got a call from a four digit number.  lol.  I thought that was very strange - but it appears in my call log as in incoming, missed call - it's not a contact in my address book, not even as one named to appear as a four digit number.  Needless to say, when I try to return the call, it doesn't connect.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

kanyne wrote:

I had a similar but opposite occurance a week or so ago - I got a call from a four digit number.  lol.  I thought that was very strange - but it appears in my call log as in incoming, missed call - it's not a contact in my address book, not even as one named to appear as a four digit number.  Needless to say, when I try to return the call, it doesn't connect.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

4 of 7 (17,668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 2:30:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the help.  I guess that explains the odd numbers.

5 of 7 (17,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 2:32:32 PM
(0)
Professor

kanyne wrote:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we were able to give you insight on what those meant.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

kanyne wrote:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we were able to give you insight on what those meant.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

6 of 7 (17,648 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2011 4:50:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome. That settles the confusion... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome. That settles the confusion... Smiley Wink

7 of 7 (17,638 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments