Need help understanding your bill?
graf45's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 31st, 2011 6:36 PM

Transfer of Responsibility Access question

Hi, I've done some searching on here and still could not find the question I have regarding this. I just switched my niece over to my family talk plan. As soon as I told her, she went online, logged into her account and was able to see my entire family talk plan and usage. As far as I know, she's seeing everything that I am seeing, even though we switched responsibility of her account over to me. Is there a way that I can prevent her from seeing my own personal usage and others on my account? I would have thought her access would not be anything like this at all. Is there a way to prevent her account from seeing my entire account now? It's a little invasive. I'm not sure to what extent she can see, but to have her text me that she's amazed at my texting and phone usage is a little strange. Any help is appreciated. I'd just like to prevent her from seeing all my information. She still currently logs into her account with her own personal UN and PW.

Thanks for your help!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Any phone/line can register for an Online Account and will have full access to everything listed.

If you do not want this then you need to call AT&T or log into your Online Account Manager and set up a PASSCODE.

If you do then no one can login or call customer service without providing the passcode you choose.

What is a Security Passcode?
What is a Security Passcode?

How can I secure my account information?
What is an account passcode?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I seriously cannot thank you enough for answering my question, and so quickly. Thank you kindly. I will do what you suggest. Thanks again!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

No problem.

And I just want to clearify as I didn't re-read this until I got home and it was too late to edit the post.

It should have said any line on the same FamilyTalk plan can register for access to the online account manager for that account.

In my post above it gives the false impression anyone can register and gain access to your account which they cannot.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

will the passcode matter if the account is already created?

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

From what I was told:  If you have line(s) that have already registered for access to the online account manager and have access, and you add a passcode, those lines/accounts will no longer be able to login unless they enter the correct passcode you set up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.