Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 31, 2011
10:36:17 AM
View profile
Transfer of Responsibility Access question

Hi, I've done some searching on here and still could not find the question I have regarding this. I just switched my niece over to my family talk plan. As soon as I told her, she went online, logged into her account and was able to see my entire family talk plan and usage. As far as I know, she's seeing everything that I am seeing, even though we switched responsibility of her account over to me. Is there a way that I can prevent her from seeing my own personal usage and others on my account? I would have thought her access would not be anything like this at all. Is there a way to prevent her account from seeing my entire account now? It's a little invasive. I'm not sure to what extent she can see, but to have her text me that she's amazed at my texting and phone usage is a little strange. Any help is appreciated. I'd just like to prevent her from seeing all my information. She still currently logs into her account with her own personal UN and PW.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I've done some searching on here and still could not find the question I have regarding this. I just switched my niece over to my family talk plan. As soon as I told her, she went online, logged into her account and was able to see my entire family talk plan and usage. As far as I know, she's seeing everything that I am seeing, even though we switched responsibility of her account over to me. Is there a way that I can prevent her from seeing my own personal usage and others on my account? I would have thought her access would not be anything like this at all. Is there a way to prevent her account from seeing my entire account now? It's a little invasive. I'm not sure to what extent she can see, but to have her text me that she's amazed at my texting and phone usage is a little strange. Any help is appreciated. I'd just like to prevent her from seeing all my information. She still currently logs into her account with her own personal UN and PW.

Thanks for your help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 31, 2011 11:07:00 AM
(0)
Master

Any phone/line can register for an Online Account and will have full access to everything listed.

If you do not want this then you need to call AT&T or log into your Online Account Manager and set up a PASSCODE.

If you do then no one can login or call customer service without providing the passcode you choose.

What is a Security Passcode?

How can I secure my account information?
What is an account passcode?

Accepted Solution

Transfer of Responsibility Access question

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 31, 2011 11:07:00 AM
(0)
Master

Any phone/line can register for an Online Account and will have full access to everything listed.

If you do not want this then you need to call AT&T or log into your Online Account Manager and set up a PASSCODE.

If you do then no one can login or call customer service without providing the passcode you choose.

Re: Transfer of Responsibility Access question

2 of 6 (742 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 11:36:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I seriously cannot thank you enough for answering my question, and so quickly. Thank you kindly. I will do what you suggest. Thanks again!

I seriously cannot thank you enough for answering my question, and so quickly. Thank you kindly. I will do what you suggest. Thanks again!

3 of 6 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 6:14:42 PM
(0)
Master

No problem.

And I just want to clearify as I didn't re-read this until I got home and it was too late to edit the post.

It should have said any line on the same FamilyTalk plan can register for access to the online account manager for that account.

In my post above it gives the false impression anyone can register and gain access to your account which they cannot.

No problem.

And I just want to clearify as I didn't re-read this until I got home and it was too late to edit the post.

It should have said any line on the same FamilyTalk plan can register for access to the online account manager for that account.

In my post above it gives the false impression anyone can register and gain access to your account which they cannot.

4 of 6 (719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 8:03:23 PM
(0)
Employee

will the passcode matter if the account is already created?

will the passcode matter if the account is already created?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 8:26:28 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Planet-Ed on Feb 3, 2011 at 8:30:43 PM

From what I was told:  If you have line(s) that have already registered for access to the online account manager and have access, and you add a passcode, those lines/accounts will no longer be able to login unless they enter the correct passcode you set up.

From what I was told:  If you have line(s) that have already registered for access to the online account manager and have access, and you add a passcode, those lines/accounts will no longer be able to login unless they enter the correct passcode you set up.

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (700 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments