Need help understanding your bill?
googlinjoe's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, February 27th, 2016 6:43 PM

Terrible customer service - AT&T Store - Morristown, TN 37813 College Square Mall

This AT&T store has some terrible service. Or at least this one guy was awful on this occaision. He's a heavy-set fellow. Maybe he's the store manager, maybe not. I have no idea. I didn't get his name. However, after chatting with AT&T corporate about an Insurance claim, they told me I *could* go to the store.

So, I went to the store, and this guy immediately jumped on us and asked what we wanted. I said we have an Insurance claim. He rudely said, "We don't do that!". Then, after I mentioned I was sent there by corporate, he rudely said it again. I didn't protest, figured corporate told me wrong -- which is FINE, because at least corporate was POLITE.

This guy had the attitude of "Get the heck out of here!". There was no "I'm sorry, we don't do that in-store.". 

I do not appreciate being treated this way given how much money I spend with AT&T. We always have the latest devices and plans. Heck, I'm even a DirectTV subscriber. If he bothered to chat with me, maybe would have known I also wanted to upgrade a phone - but I just left, knowing better to do that online.

Again, the lady I chatted with at corporate was so polite by comparison - even though she was apparently mistaken, or maybe this guy just didn't feel like helping us at the store.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Oh goodie, I got the 'Wrecking Ball' badge. Really? Really guys? Is that supposed to be funny? I hardly ever have made any complaints about anyone. Is this to add insult to injury?

I am switching all our lines from AT&T ASAP. I have always had a bad opinion of AT&T, and this just reinforces it. I know, none of you care, which is exactly the problem...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I am switching to T-Mobile as we speak. They will pay off early termination fees up to 650. Bye bye you blahs at AT&T... "Wrecking Ball", pfft. Wrecking right out of your service.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'm sorry but whoever said you could do an insurance claim through a retail store was wrong. You can only file a claim through Asurion's website or by calling them. No retail outlets handle insurance. Retail stores are for sales only. You must go through the insurance provider for an insurance claim.

Who exactly told you that you can do a claim in store?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

An AT&T Representative via Online Chat at att.com ....

She was very polite, so it's OK if she was wrong. THAT is not the issue.

What I did not appreciate was the guy's attitude when we walked into the store. How about, "I'm sorry, you got bad info, you can't do that here."... Not, "We don't do that." .. then "We don't do that.". It was so rude in it's lack of courtesy and professionalism, and I was being very nice. Heck, if he wasn't so rude in basically forcing us out of the store, I might have looked around at the latest devices, and never would have thought twice about the mistake in being told wrong. I know that happens. I just want to be treated as a human, even a customer, not a 'pest'.

Too late, I'm with T-Mobile now.. Will be switching as soon as we get the new devices in (iPhone 6s 64GB and S7 Edge 32GB). Gotta wait on the Edge a bit.

I know none of you AT&T people care, so am under no illusion this in any way upsets you. But, still... had to say it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.