Need help understanding your bill?
kcustomizing's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 17th, 2015 12:02 PM

Switching from go phone to postpaid

Hello.  I am trying to see if I can switch my prepaid gophone phone number and balance to a postpaid account. My brother in law said that I can add a line to his account. So if I purchase a new iphone and open a new line on someone else's account, can the balance that I have accumulated on my prepaid account, be transferred into his postpaid account?  Or would I lose that balance.  I have $400 accumulated on that prepaid account and I would hate to lose it all. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @kcustomizing

We can certainly transfer the balance of your GoPhone account to your brother-in-law’s account. Please keep in mind that there are no refunds of any unused prepaid airtime and we do not prorate charges for monthly service. Further details regarding converting to postpaid include:

• Once converted to postpaid, usage and call history are lost and the self-service options only show usage for the new postpaid account.
  • Customers can keep their wireless number and device.
  • A $40 service change fee applies to change the account type from prepaid to postpaid. This charge will be added on the customer's first postpaid bill.
  • The customer must keep the same number if they want to transfer their remaining balance to their new postpaid account:
    • Any remaining balance on the prepaid account posts automatically within five minutes as a credit to the new postpaid account.
  • Any remaining unused refill cards are non-refundable.
  • Customers created with prepaid Auto Refill, who migrate to a postpaid account, have their Auto Refill automatically cancelled

To convert your line to postpaid, please visit your nearest AT&T Corporate store.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Employee

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Is there still a fee for switching from a Prepaid account to a Postpaid account? It looks like this last post was from 2015, and just would like to clarify.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I want to switch from prepaid to postpaid 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.