For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Fulifu's profile

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 6:23 PM

Sprint or AT&T

Need some advice please:

I’m thinking about dropping Sprint and moving to AT&T for my cell phone service.  Anyone who has ever had Sprint knows why.  For those of you who have done the same was it worth it?   I have looked through the AT&T forums and have read some of the postings from unhappy customers, any company providing a service is going to have unhappy customers.  However Sprint has many more and much more anger and emotion in the negative posts.  Talking about Overland Park Kansas area.

If you had it to do over would you still leave Sprint for AT&T?

Do you get a good 4GLTE signal?

Do you get speeds greater than .35MB?   YES that’s a “.”   In front of the 35

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

The coverage maps, should tell you about 75% of the story

http://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.htm

but  the rest, you may only be able to know for sure by trying it.

AT&T offers the 14 days return period for a reason. You might get unlucky and get a phone with a defect, (unlikely, but not impossible), or the combination  of the direction location, direction of incoming radio and the geography may cause you to have minimal service in your hosue, despite most of the immediate area getting fantastic coverage. Those situations aren't the norm, but for most reasonable situations, 2 weeks is long enough to figure it out.

-Alex

Guru

• 

870 Messages

10 years ago

My wife had sprint before she got att and its a night and day difference. She is much happier with att. Her text come in on time and the lte coverage is good. She also said data is much more reliable on att. She doesn't regret the move one bit.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Yea, I agree on the fact that the data is much faster in att. Definitely can't go wrong with att.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.