Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 7, 2014
9:30:21 AM
View profile
Something In The Watercooler In Phone Unlock Department

A couple of weeks ago I sent in an online request to have an unsubsidized phone I bought years ago unlocked. Ten days later I got an email with the subsidy code. Tried code three times and got message each time "Incorrect Subsidy Password". Ok, so I sent in the request for the same phone again and three hours later I get an email saying we are unable to unlock this phone because you are still under contract. Fact is, and it is on the record in my online account, I haven't been under contract since 2007. Any suggestion on how to pursue this with people who can read and think?

A couple of weeks ago I sent in an online request to have an unsubsidized phone I bought years ago unlocked. Ten days later I got an email with the subsidy code. Tried code three times and got message each time "Incorrect Subsidy Password". Ok, so I sent in the request for the same phone again and three hours later I get an email saying we are unable to unlock this phone because you are still under contract. Fact is, and it is on the record in my online account, I haven't been under contract since 2007. Any suggestion on how to pursue this with people who can read and think?

Something In The Watercooler In Phone Unlock Department

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 6:42:34 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, cga632!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your device. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, cga632!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your device. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Something In The Watercooler In Phone Unlock Department

2 of 2 (51 Views)