Need help understanding your bill?
Darlene1939's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Monday, January 19th, 2009 5:19 PM

Closed

Rollover minutes

I have been an AT&T customer for several years.  Recently retired, and didn't need all the minutes I had because I had used them at work.  I changed to the Senior Plan that only gives 200 anytime minutes and no rollover minutes.  I really don't expect that to be a problem, but I do wish they would offer the rollover anyway.  This plan is $29.99 a month.  OK, not bad but I would be more willing to sign another 2 year contract if I had rollover.  Is anyone else old, and looking for this bargain?! Smiley Tongue

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

15 years ago

For $29.99, you get your money's worth! At least you still get the free mobile-to-mobile. If you find out later than you need rollover you can always change to the $39.99 Nation 450 plan.

Also, being under contract wouldn't restrict you from being able to change the rate plan. You can do so at any time without being charged, extending the contract, etc.

Hope that helps!

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

15 years ago

Yes, I know that you can cange rate plans anytime.  It's comparable to wanting the car available whether I intend to go anywhere or not.  I've always had rollover, feel "uninsured" without it! Thanks for the response.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

15 years ago

@Darlene1939 wrote:
Yes, I know that you can cange rate plans anytime.  It's comparable to wanting the car available whether I intend to go anywhere or not.  I've always had rollover, feel "uninsured" without it! Thanks for the response.

Nice analogy! I like it!

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

@Darlene1939 wrote:
I have been an AT&T customer for several years.  Recently retired, and didn't need all the minutes I had because I had used them at work.  I changed to the Senior Plan that only gives 200 anytime minutes and no rollover minutes.  I really don't expect that to be a problem, but I do wish they would offer the rollover anyway.  This plan is $29.99 a month.  OK, not bad but I would be more willing to sign another 2 year contract if I had rollover.  Is anyone else old, and looking for this bargain?! Smiley Tongue

LOL!  I'm not old, but I'd take that plan in a heart beat if they'd offer it to the non-seniors. 😉  And if they want to lop off the mobile to mobile and give it to me for $19.99 - even better!!  (I use my phone primarily for e-mail/messaging, not voice. 🙂 )
Message Edited by hme83 on 01-20-2009 06:59:15 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I have 6764 of rollover minute and Anytime minutes of 1400 and when I go over my anytime minutes I get charge when I believe that at&t should be using from my rollover minutes which I have over 6764? Why do I get charge everytime I go over my Anytime minutes when I have rollover minutes to be apply to my account? If I do not get a proper asnwer I will change to a different company and sell my Iphone for a cheaper carrier. 

Scholar

• 

134 Messages

14 years ago

Unfortunately this is only a forum to answer general questions not cs reps on here to help you the best i can tell you is call cs and tell them what is happening. I have the same plan with just about the same rollover mins. They should be coming off your rollovers, you didn't happen to change your plan lately did you? not certain but i think your rollover mins. are lost if you change your plan what so ever someone with more knowledge may be able to add

Guru

• 

737 Messages

14 years ago

If you are being charged for using minutes when you have over 6000 rollover minutes you need to contact AT&T to find out why that is happening.  Could you be calling out of the country?  My son made several calls to Canada while on a business trip to New York City and was charged for those-foreign calls are not included in anytime or rollover minutes.  Or did you make an operator assisted call?

If you have changed your plan to one with fewer minutes, you will lose those minutes over your new plan amount.  For example, when going from 1400 to 700, you would retain only 700 minutes of rollover.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.