Need help understanding your bill?
Vwheeler78's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 9:35 PM

Closed

Roadside assistance

Will my roadside assistance cover me from my home to a repair shop?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I just called them and verifed that this is part of their service and the representative I spoke with said it sure is. 🙂 

You can contact AT&T Roadside Assistance by either dialing #HELP (#4357) from your mobile phone within the AT&T coverage area or by dialing 1-877-263-2600 from any phone.

If you don't yet have this feature, you will need to wait 72 hours after enrolling to use the benefits. 

Here's a link to more information: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/roadside_assistance-sku3000329.html

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I would like to know why I have been paying for roadside assistance for years and now that I need a car towed it is costing me over $100.00?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am so tired of being missled when I am already paying a ton of money.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

No doubt! Steph225...they suck and are misleading.  I cannot even get them to tell me how much they pay and how much I am expected to pay before I set up the towing.  Thats called a line item invoice, but they refuse to give it to me saying their payment portion "depends."  I asked "On what?" They wouldn't say and then the towing company wanted cash, up front, at 2 AM!!!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had to pay $65 to have my car towed to a shop on Friday 10/28 at 6am in the morning. I couldn't get it towed Thursday night because I didn't have $120 to pay the only tow driver they could find🙀 So I was told to call back in the morning and more options would be available. Not so! No one was able to help. I had to call the police and they helped me get my car towed. Now I'm in the process to get my$65 back. Wish me luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had a tire blowout and was sitting on a median on the highway.  My husband wanted to change the tire, but I've been paying for AT&T's roadside assistance for a year and never used it.  I called and after about a ten minute wait an operator picked up.  She took our info asked for an address of where we were -- she couldn't understand we were on an Exit 6 median on the highway ??!! -- and since I knew the area, I provided her with an address to a fast food restaurant right at exit 6.  We just wanted to be towed out of Exit 6 and into a gas station or some other well lit place to change the tire -- this was about a mile tops.  She put us on hold while she contacted a two service in the area that they deal with and after about another ten minutes, she told us that they could not use the only tow in the area because they wouldn't agree to their payment terms.  I asked her what AT&T Roadside Assistance payment terms were and she referred me to look at the policy.  How could I possibly look at a policy at 10:15 PM on a highway median when all I had was my cell phone??!!!  I asked her the name of the tow company and I would call them myself, but then I asked her up to what amount would I be reimbursed for and she again was very vague, didn't want to provide an amount, and referred me to my policy.  When I called the tow company they wanted $136 in cash and $141 with a card.  I only had $25 with me, so I agreed to the credit card payment term.  They told us it would take 30 minutes to get there.  While I spent all my time on the phone, my loving husband went in the back of the car, took the spare & jack out and started loosening the lug nuts.  We were using our car's donut by the time the tow truck came -- so we didn't have to pay anything.  I am now looking to go back to AAA or find another roadside assistance plan.  AT&T's Roadside assistance is a big joke.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Looks like I'm not the only one who has had fun with Roadside "Assistance". I've had the feature on my 82 year old mother's phone for as long as I remember. (And I've had the same number since 2004 and Cingular) This week she called me from a tire shop that is TWO MILES from our home. The car had a busted radiator and was not drivable. I thought of Roadside Assistance and placed a call to them. I was told that they could have a wrecker pick up the car. All I need do is pay the $15.00 fee. Wait. What in the world am I paying for every month? She was quick to point out that I should know about it because I had called for assistance over the past year or so. I didn't remember the details. But I did remember that I told them to forget it at that time. I asked why it was a $15.00 charge for a two mile tow. I was unsympathetically told that it was what it was. I told them to forget it. I guess that the more people they get to hang up angry, the less they have to pay out. I then called her insurance company, where she has the same program, and had the car towed for nothing. Then I cancelled the plan with AT&T. Do yourself a favor and pass this money pit up. You'll be better off with AAA or your insurance company. And the RA company is not AT&T, but a third party. They could care less... Funny thing is that if they would be up front about the $15, it would have given me the chance to turn it down before spending the $2.99 a month...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I agree.       We have been paying for 5 years and my son had a flat on I 75 in Florida today.     They told him they don't cover a flat if it is due to a nail or screw because that is considered road debris and an 'accident' in their eyes...      ???????????????????????????????

This service is an absolute SCAM

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@farfigknewton, @gunfighter56Yeah, I've long had AAA, and although I've never had to use it, they do seem to get decent reviews on their roadside assistance (although there are enough complaints for them too, just less prevalent).

My AAA membership is mostly because we travel a lot, by bicycle, and I can't  tell you how many times I've whipped out my AAA card, at a campground, a cheap motel when it's raining, big and small attractions, etc, the card pays for itself several times over, yearly, without ever using the towing.  Not to mention, if I know we'll be traveling through some remote area, I know I can stop by the office beforehand (or sometimes in the smallest of towns), and get a great map(s), again paying for itself.

I tend to think most of these third-party "insurance" deals are mostly not a good deal, otherwise they'd probably not be offering them.  

AAA on the other hand, is based (largely) on this segment of their business, so they "get it right" in most circumstances, they simply have to, in order to continue to exist.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The lion's share of my complaint is about Georgia H00kers, the company that was dispatched to tow my car to the dealership. At 11:42 a.m., AT&T told me (as was told to them by the company) that the tow truck would arrive within 60 minutes. It's now 5:36 p.m. and numerous calls later, and my car is still not at the dealership. Only after raising h@ll with the agent and her calling the towing rep again did I get a phone call from him, complete with a sob story about what a rough day he'd had. In my opinion, they owe me the fee I paid before noon and the extra expense I'm incurring because I have to have a rental car an extra day. (The mechanic at the dealership committed to having the simple repair done before COB today if the car had arrived by tow when committed.)

Now, as for AT&T, I'm YOUR customer. I pay YOU the premium for roadside assistance. You fell short on follow-through. Had I not called you repeatedly to inform you of my displeasure, you would not have know where my car was! That's bad business. Perhaps it's time for me to join AAA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.