Need help understanding your bill?
rusky's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 12:36 AM

Refund question

Is a refund possible even if I have not used the plan? I canceled yesterday due to receiving a bill. I haven't even used a single minute, data, text, etc. So nothing been used for the whole month.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@rusky wrote:

Thanks. I bought the phone at no commit price along with the plan online. Its been passed 14 days as I am keeping the phone and not the plan. So even though I did not used or activate the line that came with it, I still get billed for not even using a single call on it? I did call in yesterday to cancel the line which went fine but forgot to ask about the bill.

I would call CS but the wait is toooooo looong. I just want to know how adjustments work when the plan isn't used.

you will get a bill, you had the service even if you did not use it, it will be for a full month;s service as final bills are not pro-rated

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

If there is absolutely no usage and the phone was returned and line cancelled before the 14 days, you most likely will get a clean bill, a call to customer care once the bill cycle that was assigned to you has closed out should be all that is required.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. I bought the phone at no commit price along with the plan online. Its been passed 14 days as I am keeping the phone and not the plan. So even though I did not used or activate the line that came with it, I still get billed for not even using a single call on it? I did call in yesterday to cancel the line which went fine but forgot to ask about the bill.

I would call CS but the wait is toooooo looong. I just want to know how adjustments work when the plan isn't used.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.