Need help understanding your bill?
NTJG12's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 7:50 PM

Question about return policy on new contract and phone.

So on Friday I bought a 32 GB iPhone 5 which was $299. I bought it with an early upgrade which cost me $250 and still have a $36 fee on the next bill. I am pretty disappointed with the phone so I wanted to return it, If I do, How much will it cost me an how much will I get back? I paid about $590-600 after taxes BTW.

Will I only get back the $299 I paid for the phone? Or will I get the $299 and $250?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@NTJG12 wrote:

So on Friday I bought a 32 GB iPhone 5 which was $299. I bought it with an early upgrade which cost me $250 and still have a $36 fee on the next bill. I am pretty disappointed with the phone so I wanted to return it, If I do, How much will it cost me an how much will I get back? I paid about $590-600 after taxes BTW.

Will I only get back the $299 I paid for the phone? Or will I get the $299 and $250?

Not exactly sure what you will get back, would guess the full amount minus the restocking fee, not even sure about the activation charge either. You will have to go back where you bought it though, assuming you got it in a brick and mortar store since you did not mention online

Good question though

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your response,

Yeah, I was on a contract and could've upgraded til May 2013, But I wanted to upgrade early. Don't know how this would work.

Former Employee

• 

63 Messages

12 years ago

You should get the whole thing back including activation less restocking fee of $35, and make sure you have your upgrade reversed in the computer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Alright, Thanks richfray,

Do you know how much time I have to do this?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@NTJG12 wrote:
Alright, Thanks richfray,

Do you know how much time I have to do this?

buyers remorse is 30 days,

Former Employee

• 

63 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@NTJG12 wrote:

Not exactly sure what you will get back, would guess the full amount minus the restocking fee, not even sure about the activation charge either. You will have to go back where you bought it though, assuming you got it in a brick and mortar store since you did not mention online

Good question though

If you bought it online at att.com, or over phone with AT&T via phone, or at a Corporate Owned AT&T store, you can return it at any AT&T Corporate store brick and mortart. It doesn't have to be returned to the same brick and mortar.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Update: So I went to return it Thursday and everything went smooth, It was easier than I thought it would be, It took about 10-15 minutes. I'm just waiting for them to put the $560 (Was $595 but they charged me a $35 restocking fee) back on my mom's credit card, I had to call for them to cancel the $36 fee that was suppose to be on the next phone bill (Customer Service said that should've been done at the store).

The guy that helped me out said he would've done the same thing (return the phone), I found that funny.

Thanks and kudos to everyone that helped!

Former Employee

• 

63 Messages

12 years ago

@NTJG12 wrote:
Update: So I went to return it Thursday and everything went smooth, It was easier than I thought it would be, It took about 10-15 minutes. I'm just waiting for them to put the $560 (Was $595 but they charged me a $35 restocking fee) back on my mom's credit card, I had to call for them to cancel the $36 fee that was suppose to be on the next phone bill (Customer Service said that should've been done at the store).

The guy that helped me out said he would've done the same thing (return the phone), I found that funny.

Thanks and kudos to everyone that helped!

I am not aware of a way in our store computer system to cancel the upgrade fee in our system when doing a return. I will look into that today at work. From witnessing other reps in that situation, and personal experience, we always advise the Customer to call in to customer service to get the fee reversed. Glad you got taken care of!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

it takes the store manager override to apply the credit/promo/soc code.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.