Need help understanding your bill?
UriahF's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 20th, 2012 12:13 AM

Question about getting a custom Family plan

I am new here so if this is in the wrong section I am sorry.  My parents are wanting to get  a family cell plan, but, we need it kinda custom was wondering if the following is possible:  One Blackberry with a data port, a Samsung Cellphone we already have and one other phone which we probably would get with the plan.  Neither of the phones need data ports.  Is this kinda plan possible?  If so what would it cost?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@UriahF wrote:

I am new here so if this is in the wrong section I am sorry.  My parents are wanting to get  a family cell plan, but, we need it kinda custom was wondering if the following is possible:  One Blackberry with a data port, a Samsung Cellphone we already have and one other phone which we probably would get with the plan.  Neither of the phones need data ports.  Is this kinda plan possible?  If so what would it cost?  Thanks.

there is a shared data plan starting shortly that might fit, currently the family plans are what are available. for 69.99 you get 700 minutes, assuming when you say "data port" you are meaning tethering, if this is true the data lpan for that phone would be 50.00 for 5GB of data, depednig on the other two phones you choose a data plan pay or may not be required for those phones. If the one you have is a smartphone then a data pan is required for that one, basicly any smartphone requires a data plan.

700 minute family plan 1 smartphone, 2 QMD devices

60.99 - Blackberry

09.99 -  second phone - QMD / regular phone

09.99 - thrid phone - same as second

---------

80.97 - voice plan

50.00 - tethering plan for blackberry - required

--------

130.97 - total for above

030.00 - optional unlimited family texting with mobile to and mobile

---------

169.97 - total before taxes, local fees and federal fees

If either of the other phones are smartphones, pricing will go up by 20-50 dollars additional per smartphone

You might want to take a look at the new upcoming shared data plan it might be more flexible for you

---------

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks so much, the phone we have is not a smart phone, and the the only smart phone we will have is the BlackBerry.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@UriahF wrote:

Thanks so much, the phone we have is not a smart phone, and the the only smart phone we will have is the BlackBerry.

One thing should has asked - who is your current carrier? You phones may not be compatible.Phones from Verizon or Sprint will not work due to the different of cellulae radios. ATT is GSM, verizon and sprint are CDMA

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

The Samsung is an ATT phone.  It is off right now, the two phones we have with our current carrier will be trashed when we switch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.