Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2014
8:03:38 AM
View profile
Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

I have been a long time AT&T customer and have been able to send and receive audio and pictrues through text messages.  My phone recently broke and I bought a AT&T Go Phone the Alcatel 871A and it will not send or receive any text with audio/video/audio in them.  It will give a send error when I try to send and will begin to download when I receive a message but will stop before it completes. 

I have been a long time AT&T customer and have been able to send and receive audio and pictrues through text messages.  My phone recently broke and I bought a AT&T Go Phone the Alcatel 871A and it will not send or receive any text with audio/video/audio in them.  It will give a send error when I try to send and will begin to download when I receive a message but will stop before it completes. 

Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 8:21:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?
I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?

Re: Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

2 of 5 (271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 9:08:30 AM
(0)
Expert

djmaster wrote:

what was the phone you previously had, if it is a smartphone and the one you replaced it with is a feature phone you have to call in and change the data plan.

djmaster wrote:

what was the phone you previously had, if it is a smartphone and the one you replaced it with is a feature phone you have to call in and change the data plan.

3 of 5 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 1:44:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

My old phone was a samsung strive. I don't think it was a smartphone.

My old phone was a samsung strive. I don't think it was a smartphone.

4 of 5 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 2:04:06 PM
(0)
Former Employee

In order to send or receive pictures, video or audio (MMS messages), your phone must have a working data connection. The phone's data connection settings are not the same for postpaid service as they are for prepaid service. I suspect the go phone you bought still has the data settings for prepaid service which won't work on your account. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct settings but I believe you'll need to update your phones data settings to fix this issue. 

In order to send or receive pictures, video or audio (MMS messages), your phone must have a working data connection. The phone's data connection settings are not the same for postpaid service as they are for prepaid service. I suspect the go phone you bought still has the data settings for prepaid service which won't work on your account. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct settings but I believe you'll need to update your phones data settings to fix this issue. 

5 of 5 (236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments