For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
okiebobby's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 8:33 PM

Possible to transfer 3 lines of parents account to my mobile share plan

I have a mobile share plan(15gb) with me, my wife, 2 kids, and a mobile hotspot. My parents opened up an AT&T account a couple of months ago for the 2 of them and my sister. Their bill is higher than they were wanting to pay and I was trying to help them look for ways to cut their costs. Would it be possible to move their 3 lines to my mobile share plan without any penalty? We could split the cost then I could save them some money. Is this a move that is possible? Thank you for any and all help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@okiebobby wrote:

I have a mobile share plan(15gb) with me, my wife, 2 kids, and a mobile hotspot. My parents opened up an AT&T account a couple of months ago for the 2 of them and my sister. Their bill is higher than they were wanting to pay and I was trying to help them look for ways to cut their costs. Would it be possible to move their 3 lines to my mobile share plan without any penalty? We could split the cost then I could save them some money. Is this a move that is possible? Thank you for any and all help.

@okiebobby, this should help: Transfer of Billing Responsibility

~Julie Rae

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

@okiebobby wrote:

Hello okiebobby! Yes indeed, there is a way to transfer all three lines over. This is known as a Transfer of Billing Responsibility. You can do this transfer by visiting www.att.com/transferservice or by calling 611 from your mobile device or 800-331-0500 from any other phone.

If you do choose to do this over the website, you will need to have your parents' email address so the website can contact them for authorization. If you choose to contact AT&T Customer Care (611 or 800-331-0500), our representatives will be able to get you over to our Transfer of Billing Responsibility department, and they will need to speak with you (assuming you are the account owner of your account), and your parents (via a 3-way conference call).

Over the phone, there will be an $18 transfer of service fee. Over the website however, you will not be charged the $18 transfer of service fee. I do advise doing this over the phone if your parents do not have an email address. As well, I would get in touch with them before calling in to Customer Care, just to make sure that they are available to be contacted by our ToBR department.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.