Need help understanding your bill?
Mauve's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 2:01 PM

Closed

Phishy survey

This sure looks like a social engineering attack. Pretending to be doing a survey for AT&T but coming from outside the AT&T Internet: mremail@msisurvey.com. They offer prizes too for clicking the link in their email, "For your participation in this important study, you will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 25 $100 Visa Gift cards."

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@Mauve wrote:
This sure looks like a social engineering attack. Pretending to be doing a survey for AT&T but coming from outside the AT&T Internet: mremail@msisurvey.com. They offer prizes too for clicking the link in their email, "For your participation in this important study, you will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 25 $100 Visa Gift cards."

Mauve,

I would agree with you on that, that is not from AT&T. To report spam, forward it to abuse@att.net. When you forward the email, please be sure to include the header. AT&T will need that to see where the email cam from. I have included a link below that discusses the attachment of a header.

How to copy the header of an email message for reporting spam

Thank you,

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So, I forwarded the below email to abuse@att.net, though I figured I'd post it here to work out the spam inquiry from both angles.

Date: September 10, 2013 at 2:40:52 PM PDT
To:
Subject: An Invitation from AT&T

Thank you for selecting AT&T!

As an AT&T and/or U-verse customer we are inviting you to join the AT&T Consumer Research Panel.

Panel members will have the opportunity to provide insight into AT&T/U-verse services and products via web based surveys and your feedback will assist AT&T in designing and improving AT&T services.

All responses to surveys will be kept completely confidential and will be used for research purposes only. Participation within this research panel is completely voluntary.

Please take a few minutes to complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link below. Your participation in the AT&T Consumer research panel will be greatly appreciated.
http//www,insightexpress,com/ix/lt.aspx?lt=116370191-10004

Thanks for your assistance,
Jon
Sr. Marketing Manager - AT&T Customer Experience

Privacy Statement:
http//att,sbc,com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=2506

Please Note: To ensure delivery of our emails to your inbox, please add atttpanel@opinion-central.com

Opt-Out: If you received this email in error or if you wish to unsubscribe please respond to this email with the word 'remove' in the subject line. to your address book. Thank you.

If you would like to write us:
Please direct your mail to:AT&T Anti-Spam Manager, 304 Pine Ave., FL 4, Albany, GA 31701-2533

So, I got this awhile back, though is/was it spam? Sort of seems like it if you have to write a physical piece of mail to report spam.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines - removed links]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got this today, June 19th, 2014.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@KaiserWorks wrote:

So, I forwarded the below email to abuse@att.net, though I figured I'd post it here to work out the spam inquiry from both angles.

Date: September 10, 2013 at 2:40:52 PM PDT
To:
Subject: An Invitation from AT&T

Thank you for selecting AT&T!

As an AT&T and/or U-verse customer we are inviting you to join the AT&T Consumer Research Panel.

Panel members will have the opportunity to provide insight into AT&T/U-verse services and products via web based surveys and your feedback will assist AT&T in designing and improving AT&T services.

All responses to surveys will be kept completely confidential and will be used for research purposes only. Participation within this research panel is completely voluntary.

Please take a few minutes to complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link below. Your participation in the AT&T Consumer research panel will be greatly appreciated.
http//www,insightexpress,com/ix/lt.aspx?lt=116370191-10004

Thanks for your assistance,
Jon
Sr. Marketing Manager - AT&T Customer Experience

Privacy Statement:
http//att,sbc,com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=2506

Please Note: To ensure delivery of our emails to your inbox, please add atttpanel@opinion-central.com

Opt-Out: If you received this email in error or if you wish to unsubscribe please respond to this email with the word 'remove' in the subject line. to your address book. Thank you.

If you would like to write us:
Please direct your mail to:AT&T Anti-Spam Manager, 304 Pine Ave., FL 4, Albany, GA 31701-2533

So, I got this awhile back, though is/was it spam? Sort of seems like it if you have to write a physical piece of mail to report spam.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines - removed links]

Actually, that looks like it may be a legitimate email. Insightexpress.com looks to be a legitimate market research company and they do host "by invitation only" consumer opinion panels.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I got this today, 2/17/2016.
Would love to do it if real but unsure.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 17, 2016 at 12:10:54 PM PST
To:
Subject: You're invited to join the AT&T ePanel

heading
heading
Thank you for choosing AT&T.

We are inviting you to join our AT&T Consumer Research Panel.

As a panel member, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions on AT&T products and services via web based surveys. Your feedback will assist us in designing and improving AT&T services.

All responses to surveys will be confidential and will only be used for research purposes.

Participation within this research panel is voluntary.

If participating on the panel is something you would be interested in pursuing, please take a few minutes to complete the [%LinkHref("style='color:blue;'", "introductory questionnaire")%] or copy and paste the following link into your browser:

https://www.myattepanel.com/R.aspx?r=B5WQ2Vb5o0n0yk2YC7Ug1Z&m=600001031

Your participation in the AT&T Consumer Research Panel would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

J. Cowper
Consumer Research Panel Manager

AT&T 304 Pine Ave., FL 4, Albany, GA 31701-2533

You are receiving this periodic newsletter after having registered with the AT&T ePanel. If you have decided you would no longer like to receive mailing from the AT&T ePanel and our partners, click the unsubscribe link below.

To unsubscribe click here

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Definitely not from AT&T

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Hello,

I got a similar e-mail too few hours back. Unfortunately I registered for it as the email id appeared to be genuine. Please do not register if you get an email like this as I have confirmed from AT & T support people that it's not related to AT & T whatsoever.

Thanks,

Sunil

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My original phone broke. A few months ago I sold a brand new telephone for full price and placed the new SIM card in it. How can I contact AT&T for an exception at the same time as abroad and not using a carrier??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@lkhase33 You have posted on an 8 year old unrelated thread. Please start your own thread, this one will be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.