Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2011
9:56:13 PM
View profile
Ordering online..
Edited by Kishuku on Feb 6, 2011 at 9:56:49 PM

When you pre-order a phone, do you have to pay directly from your credit card/bank account or can the charge be posted onto your monthly bill? I haven't really ordered anything online from the site or pre-ordered a phone in advance, so I was just curious. I tried browsing the site for related topics, but I couldn't find anything. How does the whole pre-ordering process work anyway? Thanks!

When you pre-order a phone, do you have to pay directly from your credit card/bank account or can the charge be posted onto your monthly bill? I haven't really ordered anything online from the site or pre-ordered a phone in advance, so I was just curious. I tried browsing the site for related topics, but I couldn't find anything. How does the whole pre-ordering process work anyway? Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 13, 2011 5:00:05 PM
(0)
Master

Most of the time the pre-orders ship out so they arrive to you on the release date.

Accepted Solution

Ordering online..

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 7, 2011 5:36:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You  cannot charge phone upgrades to your account. They must be paid for at time of purchase.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

You  cannot charge phone upgrades to your account. They must be paid for at time of purchase.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Ordering online..

2 of 8 (715 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 2:32:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

Does the pre-order ship out and arrive earlier than the release date? If it does, about how many days, give or take?

Does the pre-order ship out and arrive earlier than the release date? If it does, about how many days, give or take?

3 of 8 (694 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 13, 2011 5:00:05 PM
(0)
Master

Most of the time the pre-orders ship out so they arrive to you on the release date.

4 of 8 (691 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 2:43:36 AM
(0)
Employee

you may get it 0-2 days early, but that's about it.

you may get it 0-2 days early, but that's about it.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 9:15:53 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Kishuku on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:17:53 PM

Ah, alright then.

I have one more question though.

I saw that ATT had taken funds out of my bank account that were for the pre-order (Motorola Atrix 4G) a day or two ago, and I had checked my bank again to see how much money I had left in my bank account, and that transaction is no where to be found [no withdrawl, no deposit].. and the amount of money they had taken out of my bank for the phone was right back in my bank account. Are they going to just take the money out of the bank as soon as they ship it out, were they just checking to see if I even had the funds in my bank before registering a phone in my name, what's the deal? Smiley Indifferent I have an order number and everything says it's still processing.. I just don't want to end up sitting around waiting for nothing.

Ah, alright then.

I have one more question though.

I saw that ATT had taken funds out of my bank account that were for the pre-order (Motorola Atrix 4G) a day or two ago, and I had checked my bank again to see how much money I had left in my bank account, and that transaction is no where to be found [no withdrawl, no deposit].. and the amount of money they had taken out of my bank for the phone was right back in my bank account. Are they going to just take the money out of the bank as soon as they ship it out, were they just checking to see if I even had the funds in my bank before registering a phone in my name, what's the deal? Smiley Indifferent I have an order number and everything says it's still processing.. I just don't want to end up sitting around waiting for nothing.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 9:55:01 PM
(0)
Master

That is normal.  Its a pre-authorization/authorization hold.  Standard merchant/banking practices.

It allows the retailer to verify the account and the funds.  After a period of time the hold is released back to your account if not processed right away.  When ATT does go to ship the phone they will fully charge the account at that time.

This will give you a quick idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

That is normal.  Its a pre-authorization/authorization hold.  Standard merchant/banking practices.

It allows the retailer to verify the account and the funds.  After a period of time the hold is released back to your account if not processed right away.  When ATT does go to ship the phone they will fully charge the account at that time.

This will give you a quick idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

7 of 8 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2011 12:39:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks again! I feel like such a newb.

Thanks again! I feel like such a newb.