Need help understanding your bill?
Kishuku's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, February 7th, 2011 5:56 AM

Ordering online..

When you pre-order a phone, do you have to pay directly from your credit card/bank account or can the charge be posted onto your monthly bill? I haven't really ordered anything online from the site or pre-ordered a phone in advance, so I was just curious. I tried browsing the site for related topics, but I couldn't find anything. How does the whole pre-ordering process work anyway? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Most of the time the pre-orders ship out so they arrive to you on the release date.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

13 years ago

You  cannot charge phone upgrades to your account. They must be paid for at time of purchase.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Does the pre-order ship out and arrive earlier than the release date? If it does, about how many days, give or take?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

you may get it 0-2 days early, but that's about it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Ah, alright then.

I have one more question though.

I saw that ATT had taken funds out of my bank account that were for the pre-order (Motorola Atrix 4G) a day or two ago, and I had checked my bank again to see how much money I had left in my bank account, and that transaction is no where to be found [no withdrawl, no deposit].. and the amount of money they had taken out of my bank for the phone was right back in my bank account. Are they going to just take the money out of the bank as soon as they ship it out, were they just checking to see if I even had the funds in my bank before registering a phone in my name, what's the deal? 😐 I have an order number and everything says it's still processing.. I just don't want to end up sitting around waiting for nothing.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

That is normal.  Its a pre-authorization/authorization hold.  Standard merchant/banking practices.

It allows the retailer to verify the account and the funds.  After a period of time the hold is released back to your account if not processed right away.  When ATT does go to ship the phone they will fully charge the account at that time.

This will give you a quick idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks again! I feel like such a newb.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.